Treadwright Tires doing a review. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Treadwright Tires doing a review.

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 01-13-2012, 10:54 PM   #16
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

What does the warranty cover? Damage to the car as well if they come apart? Looking forward to seeing how they do as I've been eyeing them as well

1998 TJ Sahara Sold
-3.25" RC spring lift, Eagle alloys 125s, 33x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, XRC8 winch with stock bumper mount

1994 YJ SE Sold
-4" RC spring lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone M/Ts, Eagle alloys 125, and a 4 cylinder to boot

1960 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Omaha Orange

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
442Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2012, 08:14 AM   #17
Lenny7
2008 JK Wrangler 

Can you put these on the front?
Lenny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2012, 10:31 AM   #18
mattlago
2012 JK Wrangler 

200 miles and I have to say I am more than a little impressed with the tires. Like any 35s (I assume) there is a bit more wandering at speed but only ever so slight. I was doing between 75 and 80 (gps checked) most of the way and the engine didn't struggle at all. Glancing at the tach I was right around 2600 to 2700 rpm's and I will calculate gas mileage later as I haven't corrected for the diameter so I need to map my trip

The sound of the tires is there the whole way and the only way to describe it is that it sounds like a faint choir or train whistle. It isn't in the low range of sounds and doesn't get bassy which for me is more difficult to tolerate. It also isnt intrusive. At 75 I could easily carry on convos with the kids and had the radio on #12 or 13 volume and could hear it fine.

The tires had a tendency to rebound a bit more over large large expansion joints but nothing alarming. I have to say the way the 4 door rubi is it actually feels like it should have 35s from factory. The driving is much more pleasant around town and overall the tires are better than stock. I have just been trying to point out the negatives.

More later

2012 JKU RUBI PALE TAN
mattlago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #19
mattlago
2012 JK Wrangler 

Lenny7. Yes I have the. At all 4 corners

2012 JKU RUBI PALE TAN
Unread 01-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #20
mattlago
2012 JK Wrangler 

Tucson got some rain this weekend (which here we look forward too) so I took it out and got some mud on it. Took a picture but didnt take for some reason, so I have attached a post spray down. Needed to install some Hella's so I rinsed it a bit.

The grip was amazing. In mud it was spraying and not clogging like I have had in other tires. Some holes we jumped into were up to the bumper and I had no issue. A few times I went into a hole. Stopped. Drove right out to make sure it wasnt momentum. Very impressed with the tires.

On the way home I drove through a community and got some great looks from people as I was flinging mud 20 feet from all four tires. Whoops Again, very impressed with the tires still.

Daily driving began again today and my 35 mile one way to work has stop and go and some freeway. Only complaint or noticeable difference is the hum on the freeway. But again, that would be with any aggressive tread pattern.
img_1391.jpg  

2012 JKU RUBI PALE TAN
Unread 01-19-2012, 05:46 AM   #21
J-Big
2012 JK Wrangler 

how is the wet roads/hwy driving?
J-Big is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 06:17 AM   #22
WXman
2001 WJ 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f15/t...26/index2.html
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 06:59 AM   #23
robplumm
2012 JK Wrangler 

This intrigues me...

Kedge Grip: Our own unique blend of crushed (recycled) glass and crushed walnut shell particle blended into our full grade truck rubber. Kedge Grip acts in a twofold way; first the walnut shell is designed to come out leaving small (approximately 1 mm) size pits in the tread surface that will act as additional siping and create more traction edges to grip the road. The second is the crushed glass which is designed to stay in longer and create a gritty surface to help anchor you to the road. Does it really work? Don’t take our word for it, read some of the testimonials. Also, check out the 4Wheeler magazine (though under a different name that we are not allowed to use any longer due to trademark issues) in the August 2009 issue. They consistently had excellent results with our Kedge Grip.
robplumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #24
GoldXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Please let us know about these tires. I am going to get the Guard Dogs or the Crawlers I can't make up my mind. Any thoughts after running the Treadwight's on which one to get? My rig is a weekend warrior and DD.
Unread 01-31-2012, 03:59 AM   #25
mrsig
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have been running them for over a year and love em! Great on and off the road.
Sand, Hills & Clay

Everglades Mud

Playing on some concrete

Every thing I used them on they had worked and held up great.

It is a 5 hour trip when we go up to Citrus, Fl and I tow my 18" camper set up than wheel. They have not let me down. Been there 3 time with them so far plus all the other places I go.
Member of CCJ, White Jeep Club Member #137.
mrsig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 05:57 AM   #26
jpacosta
2011 JK Wrangler 

mrsig nice rig man. hope to keep hearing from you on these tires. where do you hit trails and mud down here?
jpacosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 06:54 AM   #27
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

Can anyone testify as to how they handle a long distance road trip in weather above let's say 75? I want to know specifically do they chunk or come apart? And the longer/more repeated the trip(s) the better

1998 TJ Sahara Sold
-3.25" RC spring lift, Eagle alloys 125s, 33x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, XRC8 winch with stock bumper mount

1994 YJ SE Sold
-4" RC spring lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone M/Ts, Eagle alloys 125, and a 4 cylinder to boot

1960 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Omaha Orange

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
442Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 07:05 AM   #28
schoony
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442Wrangler View Post
Can anyone testify as to how they handle a long distance road trip in weather above let's say 75? I want to know specifically do they chunk or come apart? And the longer/more repeated the trip(s) the better
I've done 2 900 mile road trips hauling a trailer with these tires and have had no issues. Temp range was around 70s in the morn to 90s midday, from alabama to pa.
Unread 01-31-2012, 07:06 AM   #29
WXman
2001 WJ 

I have run at least 3 sets of these tires in the Guard Dog and Warden patterns. My father has run at least 3 or 4 sets of them. Amongst us, we've had ZERO failures.

I personally have towed heavy loads with them, driven them in 100 degree heat on the interstate, driven them in sub-zero ice and snow, mud, rocks, roots, dirt... you name it and I've done it on these tires. They work exactly like a "new" tire, if not better.

I'll point it out again.. the failure rate on Treadwright tires is something like 2%..which is lower than the failure rate among "new" tires. People should be afraid of spending money on new tires rather than Treadwrights if you want to be technical about it.

Things to keep in mind:

1) You MUST get the tire shop to balance these with the machine set to STATIC setting. That's how you will get the Treadwrights to ride smooth...and that's how you will preserve your warranty from Treadwright. Most tire shops use the Dynamic setting.. make sure you specify otherwise.

2) Treadwrights are 8-12 lbs. heavier than the tire they are built on originally was. So, if you get a BFG KO casing that originally weighed 60 lbs. as a new tire... after the Treadwright process the tire will now weight almost 70 lbs.

3) Treadwrights are taller than the tire they are built on originally was. A "new" 285/75-16 tire might measure out to 32" when on the Jeep.. but a Treadwright 285/75-16 tire will be a true 33" tall. Therefore, you cannot mix a Treadwright with new tires on the same Jeep, even if the size stamped on the sidewalls is the same.

Would I recommend these tires to a friend? Absolutely. In fact, I came within a hair of ordering another set yesterday... but the deal DTD has going on Falkens was so good that I went that way instead. If the Falkens end up sucking, I'll send them back and get Treadwrights again.
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 08:09 AM   #30
mattlago
2012 JK Wrangler 

I saw a request on another thread that asked if someone could recommend high mileage 35's and I didnt respond as I thought maybe I am pushing these tires too much. But they not only see to act as if they are going to wear very very well but they are half price.

I have driven at 75 to 80 mph for 2 hour stints while the temp is 80 and no there is no issue.

On a side note, I sold my factory tires so out of pocket I think it cost me about $500 for 5 35 inch tires.

2012 JKU RUBI PALE TAN

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.