Transmission Line Tool - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Transmission Line Tool

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiSpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 01-11-2011, 12:15 PM   #1
mike149
2009 JK Wrangler 

Transmission Line Tool

Hi Guys I need to replace the transmission line from tran to cooler and I found out I need a miller 8875a which is $85.00. Is there any other tool that will work?

2009 Rubicon Unlimited, Dana 60 Front & Rear Axles, 538 Gears, Rubicrawler, Monster Brakes, Monster Master Cylinder, ARB Lockers Front & Rear, 40x16.50 Pitbull Bias Tires, Stazworks Double Beadlock Wheels, Max Steel Extended Rock Sliders, PSC Hyd Steering, Complete Under Body Armor, Smittybilt XRC Armor Fenders Front & Rear, Mopar Half Doors.
mike149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Found it for 60 bucks at:
http://millerspecialtools.spx.com/De...?id=654&gid=10
That at least saves some money!
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 06:02 PM   #3
irishgearhead
2007 JK Wrangler 

I just use a small pick and remove the clip
Unread 01-28-2011, 05:20 PM   #4
TDmaster
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike149 View Post
Hi Guys I need to replace the transmission line from tran to cooler and I found out I need a miller 8875a which is $85.00. Is there any other tool that will work?
I think you need the 9546 not the 8875 if you have a JK...
I found one at toolsource for $51.28 http://www.toolsource.com/disconnect...-p-114435.html
TDmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2011, 06:24 PM   #5
mike149
2009 JK Wrangler 

Transmission Line Tool

I got the miller tool and used it but it was nightmare to separate the lines. I did use also the pick method and it works better. Once you remove the clip then you can pull and twist on the lines to get them apart. With the tool it is hard to use it and remove the lines. I would say they are a quick connect and a real animal to disconnect. For information if you lose a clip they cannot be purchased separately you have to buy the fittings which are ten dollars each.
2009 Rubicon Unlimited, Dana 60 Front & Rear Axles, 538 Gears, Rubicrawler, Monster Brakes, Monster Master Cylinder, ARB Lockers Front & Rear, 40x16.50 Pitbull Bias Tires, Stazworks Double Beadlock Wheels, Max Steel Extended Rock Sliders, PSC Hyd Steering, Complete Under Body Armor, Smittybilt XRC Armor Fenders Front & Rear, Mopar Half Doors.
mike149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2014, 05:30 PM   #6
bitslinger
2009 JK Wrangler 

Found a cheap alternative tool

I just replaced the transmission cooler lines on my 2009 JK and used an Autocraft tool #AC3400 from Advance Auto Parts. It is normally for a Ford fuel line disconnect but works great on the Jiffy Tite fittings. Cost - $5.
tool.jpg  
bitslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 08:53 AM   #7
utlax18
2007 JK Wrangler 

Hey..I need to do this too...how hard was it? Can you get to it by hand or do you need to tear a bunch of stuff out? I took it to dealre last yeat adn they wanted $175 to replace...took it back in again and now it is up to $300!! Shysters!!!
utlax18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 09:08 AM   #8
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by utlax18 View Post
Hey..I need to do this too...how hard was it? Can you get to it by hand or do you need to tear a bunch of stuff out? I took it to dealre last yeat adn they wanted $175 to replace...took it back in again and now it is up to $300!! Shysters!!!
The dealer price of the two lines together used to be $35. Now I believe it's well over $100.

They are about $85 from some of the vendors.
ronjenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 05:57 PM   #9
utlax18
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjenx View Post
The dealer price of the two lines together used to be $35. Now I believe it's well over $100.

They are about $85 from some of the vendors.
Yeah, what really got my goat was the original labor was $75 last year, now it is $130...how do you explain that? That is why I was wondering how hard it is for a shade tree mechanic like myself to fit that tool in there and get the lines out without screwing things up horribly
utlax18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2014, 09:34 AM   #10
SoK66
1976 CJ5 

Last year I installed a Mopar accessory trans cooler on one of our club members '10 JKUR. I have a quick disconnect set but no matter how I fussed with it it wouldn't release the clips. I finally just popped off the plastic caps ih a small screwdriver, then carefully removed the little metal retaining clips with a stiff pick tool and some needlenose pliers. Going back together everything just snapped & clicked into place.

(Not to change the topic, but the Mopar trans cooler for pre-2012 JK automatics is an outstanding piece. Highly recommend.)
SoK66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2014, 10:18 AM   #11
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoK66 View Post
Last year I installed a Mopar accessory trans cooler on one of our club members '10 JKUR. I have a quick disconnect set but no matter how I fussed with it it wouldn't release the clips. I finally just popped off the plastic caps ih a small screwdriver, then carefully removed the little metal retaining clips with a stiff pick tool and some needlenose pliers. Going back together everything just snapped & clicked into place.
It sounds like you were trying to use the tool before you slid back the plastic retainers?
ronjenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2014, 09:26 PM   #12
SoK66
1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjenx
It sounds like you were trying to use the tool before you slid back the plastic retainers?
No, we had them pushed back, my tools just wouldn't get the wire retainers spread enough to release. Was pretty easy just to use a pick tool and pliers.
SoK66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.