Transmission crossmember+Tree Stump! Pics - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Transmission crossmember+Tree Stump! Pics

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 10-27-2013, 08:24 AM   #16
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

An afe y pipe will move the cross pipe behind the cross member and above the skid plate. They also sell an exhaust loop delete kit.

brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 08:32 AM   #17
Yendor
2013 JK Wrangler 

The most interesting thing to me, was how the tree stump jumped out of no where. Around here, tree stumps pretty much stay anchored to the ground, and don't move. But deer..... You have to watch for those.
Yendor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 03:28 PM   #18
Jollydodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjw View Post
Synergy has a center skid with a heavy duty cross member all in one. It looks great in pictures but I haven't a clue how you service your aftermarket drive shafts with it. The skid doesn't separate from the crossmember!
I have one of these I just put in, the driveshafts are accessible, the trans pan (auto) however is not.
Jollydodger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #19
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollydodger

I have one of these I just put in, the driveshafts are accessible, the trans pan (auto) however is not.
Have any good pics? I'd like to see some better angles of it if you get a chance.
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 08:14 AM   #20
Mfrancis
2014 JK Wrangler 

I'd like to see that too. The problem I'm facing with my issue of the op is the front lip of the skid plate is bent completely back over the bolt to remove it. I read through the instructions for swapping to the poison spyder cross member, and it says to brace the transfer case before removing it. If I can't get it bent enough to get to the bolt to remove the skid, is cutting it out my only option?
Black 2014 JKU Sport S, 6 speed manual, 3.73 rear end, 2.5" AEV Dualsport XT w/ Bilstein 5100s, 255/75/17 Goodyear Wrangler A/T, Rubicon rock rails, front grill mesh mod, Jeep door sill guards, matte black Jeep grill emblem, matte black exhaust, Synrgy upper and lower bolt swap(highly recommend), tires pending...
Mfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2014, 10:10 AM   #21
davekrick

JK aFe Y-Pipe

Hi brianjw,

I just installed the JK aFe Y-Pipe and loop delete. By looking at your picture I see that the y-pipe is either close to or touching the transfercase bolt. On my installation the pipe is touching the bolt and I get a rattling sound when I hit bumps and so on. I wanted to know if you are experiencing the same issue and if there was a fix you did to avoid this. Thanks.
davekrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2014, 03:10 PM   #22
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Not to hijack - just wanted to share - it's the jumping out in front of you part that you have to watch out for and its not just trees - in my parking lot the light posts dart in front of you with no warning at all and NO ONE is immune....
v__bf12.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.