Transmission Cooler - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Transmission Cooler

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 07-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #46
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, my first thought was the same thing - except that I knew there was a leak from somewhere, give the small puddles in my driveway.

Thanks for the photos - I will check it out when I get home.

If they DID leave a gap - is it something I can do something about or will I need to take it back?

waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2012, 03:42 PM   #47
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboarder View Post
Yeah, my first thought was the same thing - except that I knew there was a leak from somewhere, give the small puddles in my driveway.

Thanks for the photos - I will check it out when I get home.

If they DID leave a gap - is it something I can do something about or will I need to take it back?
If ther is a gap...
You should be able to push the line into the coupler farther, then seat the retainer ring.

A gap indicates the line is not secured in the fitting. The problem occurs when the line pops out, depleting your transmission oil, or possibly spewing oil onto hot surfaces.
ronjenx is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #48
mrbillbrown
2010 JK Wrangler 

Unfortunately, I've taken my bumper and winch off and know what a pain it is. When I bought my jeep a couple of months ago from a local owner it already had a Warn M8000 winch on it. I wanted to swap my Warn 9.5ti onto the bumper and thought it would be a "quick swap" one evening after work. Approx 3hrs later I had everything finished and thought I'd blown out my O-ring a couple of times trying to do the job solo without any type of lifting assistance. I'm not sure I want to do the transmission cooler myself just for the bumper reasons, let alone the cooler install itself. However, I'm not 100% sure my local dealers are as willing to do anything like that since they won't be selling me the part. Thanks for the info and update. Glad they took care of you and you came out well ahead.
Unread 07-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #49
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbillbrown View Post
However, I'm not 100% sure my local dealers are as willing to do anything like that since they won't be selling me the part.
Well, if it makes it happen, why not buy the part from them?

I'm surprised my dealer was willing to install a user-supplied part. The motorcycle shop I go to will not, not even tires.
Unread 07-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #50
mrbillbrown
2010 JK Wrangler 

I already have the part. Bought it online for $201 delivered. Far less than what they originally quoted me. Just procrastinating on the install
Unread 07-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #51
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbillbrown View Post
I already have the part. Bought it online for $201 delivered. Far less than what they originally quoted me. Just procrastinating on the install
Wow - that's a great price! Where did you get it?

I know what you mean about procrastination. The mere thought of R&R on the bumper is enough to do it. I've been sitting on my part since June 10th or so - just got it on this week. I REALLY did not want to mess with the bumper.
Unread 07-28-2012, 05:52 AM   #52
mrbillbrown
2010 JK Wrangler 

I bought it from Moparpartsdiscounted.com. I rechecked the website and invoice, I paid $201 for the part and $216.58 w/shipping to central OK. My apologies. It will be a great investment for the jeep if I can just quit waiting around to do it.
Unread 09-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #53
SlyDawg64

2014 JK Wrangler 

I just made an appointment with my dealer to install/purchase B&M cooler. They estimated 2 hours labor for a total of $340 completed. Hated spending the money but hated installing with the winch in the way more.
SlyDawg64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 09:44 AM   #54
janders82
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyDawg64 View Post
I just made an appointment with my dealer to install/purchase B&M cooler. They estimated 2 hours labor for a total of $340 completed. Hated spending the money but hated installing with the winch in the way more.
just did this mod on Monday...that is a crazy price for install. I am by no means a mechanic and really wasn't sure what I was doing. I read through this write up about five times because I always get nervous about cutting lines.

Total install time = 1 Hour. Total cost = $65 (you'll need to get 2 barb to brass fittings and about 3 feet af 3/8" transmission oil tubing).

I'm telling you, EASY INSTALL!!! Can't believe the dealer is charging you that much

here's the write up: http://www.tmar.net/bm-automatic-tra...k-wrangler.htm
janders82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #55
2k2wranglerx
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janders82 View Post
just did this mod on Monday...that is a crazy price for install. I am by no means a mechanic and really wasn't sure what I was doing. I read through this write up about five times because I always get nervous about cutting lines.

Total install time = 1 Hour. Total cost = $65 (you'll need to get 2 barb to brass fittings and about 3 feet af 3/8" transmission oil tubing).

I'm telling you, EASY INSTALL!!! Can't believe the dealer is charging you that much

here's the write up: http://www.tmar.net/bm-automatic-tra...k-wrangler.htm
^^^ what he said

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.