Transmission Cooler - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Transmission Cooler

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-12-2012, 04:49 AM   #16
Orange1
2012 JK Wrangler 

Looks at Earls Coolers.......the broadest line in the industry.

Orange1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #17
Ben_88Jeep
2010 JK Wrangler 

I did mine a little differently. Since my Jeep did not have AC, I decided to make use of the cooler that was already installed on my 2010. What we did was create a block that fit over the outports on the passenger side, and re-routed the plumbing so that the oil would flow through the top 2/3rds of the cooler. So far so good. The transmission definitely likes the cooler temperatures. Here's a pic of what I did:
2010jk-transcoolerfixnoac.jpg  
Ben_88Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #18
DBA2GO
2008 JK Wrangler 

I also bought an aux trans cooler - Summit Racing (I think); or Auto Barn (doesn't matter)... My dealership installed it & changed trans filter & new trans fluid for $400. I thought it was worth it.

Happy trans now. The 'hot oil' (whatever) light has never come on again.
Unread 06-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #19
michiganmaveric
Got Beer?

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboarder View Post
Mopar unit, or 3rd party unit?
Mopar unit.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, how do you have time to do it over.

Lifetime member #13

www.militaryjeepers.com lifetime member/airforce26yrs

2011 Tango/Mango JKU
michiganmaveric is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #20
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Well, you guys convinced me to go Mopar. I just ordered it from MoparPartsAmerica.com. Part was $256 and shipping was $25, so that's $281 total. Saved $20 over local purchase. Not much, but oh well. I also ordered 6 of those hard top cargo tie-down screws.
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #21
tankcj

Sorry about being late on this (you already ordered one) but I really liked the ORW trans cooler. http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/prod...roductID/51775

2011 2dr Rubicon Auto, AEV 3.5" Premium, PSC Brawler Lite front bumper and skid, Evap skid, Raceline Monster beadlocks, 35" KM2s, 5.13 gears, Trailgater, Expedition One rear Bumper and Tire Carrier, ACE Rock Sliders, Warn Powerplant, ORW trans cooler
tankcj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #22
SoK66
2009 JK Wrangler 

Thatks for posting the ORW kit link. That's a very nice conversion, well worth looking into if you haven't done this yet.
SoK66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #23
tankcj

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoK66 View Post
Thatks for posting the ORW kit link. That's a very nice conversion, well worth looking into if you haven't done this yet.
Durango huh?...

Just went thru there on my way back from Moab. My wife and I love Durango! We'd been there before but we always flew in thru Denver....it's much nicer to drive thru!

2011 2dr Rubicon Auto, AEV 3.5" Premium, PSC Brawler Lite front bumper and skid, Evap skid, Raceline Monster beadlocks, 35" KM2s, 5.13 gears, Trailgater, Expedition One rear Bumper and Tire Carrier, ACE Rock Sliders, Warn Powerplant, ORW trans cooler
tankcj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2012, 06:52 PM   #24
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

My Mopar unit has shipped and is on its way (:
Unread 06-20-2012, 12:34 AM   #25
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

It came today (:

It's a lot smaller than I thought it would be.

Question for those who know - what is this "jiffy tite 3/8" quick connect release tool" the instructions speak of?? Where do I get one, what is it and what do I use it for?

TIA,
wb
Unread 06-20-2012, 04:06 AM   #26
SigMtnMan
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboarder View Post
It came today (:

It's a lot smaller than I thought it would be.

Question for those who know - what is this "jiffy tite 3/8" quick connect release tool" the instructions speak of?? Where do I get one, what is it and what do I use it for?

TIA,
wb
Peanut butter lids that are stuck on?
Unread 06-20-2012, 04:28 AM   #27
jabsther
2010 JK Wrangler 

They are plastic semi circle tools that slide on the line to release the locking mechanism of the lines to seperate them. I got a set of various sizes from Napa for about $10.
jabsther is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 07:33 AM   #28
paul84043
2012 JK Wrangler 

I"m so glad I have a standard.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 07:35 AM   #29
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
I"m so glad I have a standard.
They have their own issues.
ronjenx is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 11:36 AM   #30
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsther View Post
They are plastic semi circle tools that slide on the line to release the locking mechanism of the lines to seperate them. I got a set of various sizes from Napa for about $10.
OK, I'll check them out.

When I looked at the instructions, I thought they were something like a zip tie - cheap plastic thing that gets used during the install.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.