Transmission Acting Weird - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Transmission Acting Weird

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 10-06-2011, 05:20 PM   #1
MrChristopher
2011 JK Wrangler 

Transmission Acting Weird

I have a 2011 JK and as of late my transmission has been acting weird. Whenever I shift into 4th gear and go to start letting out the clutch and press the gas peddle down, the transmission shakes (I'm guessing it's the transmission). I can feel it when I'm holding the shifter and I can feel it through the floor. It kind of feels like I'm driving over little ridges on the road or like there are some rocks on the road that I just drove over. The Jeep also doesn't immediately start to speed up again, it'll shake for about a second and then stop and then I can continue to accelerate. It also happens in 5th, 6th, and even sometimes 3rd gear but not as frequently. It's kind of hard to explain, I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or knows what is wrong. The Jeep is completely stock and has about 1,900 miles on it so I'm hoping there's not something seriously wrong with it. This is the first manual vehicle I've ever driven, so I learned how to drive stick with it (back in July when we got it) and let me tell you, I was awful at first. Could I have damaged the clutch then (since I stalled and peeled out many times) and finally now problems are uprising? Sorry if this is a little long or confusing, any help is greatly appreciated. I would just like to know if there's anything I can do, because the next option is to take it to the dealership and try to explain this to them.

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeeps cover the rest."
MrChristopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2011, 05:27 PM   #2
kik

This is the first manual vehicle I've ever driven, so I learned how to drive stick with it (back in July when we got it) and let me tell you, I was awful at first. Could I have damaged the clutch then (since I stalled and peeled out many times) and finally now problems are uprising?

You answered your own question. Sounds like the clutch. If the dealer deems that it was abused you're on the hook for it. Bring it in and see what they say. If they warranty it, you luck out. Go light on the history though.
kik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2011, 08:19 PM   #3
MrChristopher
2011 JK Wrangler 

The thing is though, when I was learning how to drive stick, I was in a parking lot, starting off in 1st gear. When I would stall and peel out, it'd be in 1st gear, and 1st gear is not acting up, it's 4th gear. I don't know how that would hurt 4th gear if I wasn't even in 4th gear when I was learning how to drive stick in a parking lot...
"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeeps cover the rest."
MrChristopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2011, 09:44 PM   #4
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Take it in and get it checked out!
The clutch is a wear item and only has a 12 month 12k mile warranty.
Even if they say that nothing is wrong it is best to have the issue on record as being noticed. This could help you in getting warranty work even if there is a problem after the 12 and 12 is passed.

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
transmission

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.