Trailer tow and other questions... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Trailer tow and other questions...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-21-2010, 11:03 PM   #1
vonhef
2010 JK Wrangler 

Trailer tow and other questions...

Ok... have decided to go from a TJ to a new JK 2 door Rubicon. I notice on the build your own jeep site that if you choose the Trailer tow package, it installs a 3:73 gear ratio. Is this true? Why would Jeep do that from the stock 4:11?

How many of you have experience with the leather seats? Are you happy with leather?

I would really like to see a 2 door Rubicon in Tango Mango... but non of the dealerships around Oklahoma list that color in inventory... may have to settle for black.

Any suggestion on what to pay compared to sticker price?

Thanks!

vonhef is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2010, 11:07 PM   #2
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonhef View Post
Ok... have decided to go from a TJ to a new JK 2 door Rubicon. I notice on the build your own jeep site that if you choose the Trailer tow package, it installs a 3:73 gear ratio. Is this true? Why would Jeep do that from the stock 4:11?

How many of you have experience with the leather seats? Are you happy with leather?

I would really like to see a 2 door Rubicon in Tango Mango... but non of the dealerships around Oklahoma list that color in inventory... may have to settle for black.

Any suggestion on what to pay compared to sticker price?

Thanks!
The trailer tow package description is generic.
The Rubicon comes with 4.10 gears, tow package or no tow package.
ronjenx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2010, 11:40 PM   #3
CooterBrown

1965 CJ5 

mine has the tow package and 4.10

2010 rubicon JK
CooterBrown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2010, 10:14 AM   #4
BenderX
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddlePyrat View Post
mine has the tow package and 4.10
Same here
BenderX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2010, 10:20 AM   #5
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Me too and they don't have 4.11 diff gears in the JK's, they're 4.10 (41 tooth ring/10 tooth pinion) !!

Even 3.73 is a little too high for most towing--especially with the Auto !

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #6
CptSnoopy
2010 JK Wrangler 

I am in the middle of getting a 2dr Rubicon too! I went to edmunds to get a true value report -- in my area it looks like that I can expect to maybe get 2500- 3000 off of the sticker. But I am going through my credit union's car finder service to get the color (I want the deep water blue) and other stuff I want on it (deep tint windows, full metal door, pwr group).

As far as leather seats. This will be my first jeep, so no experience in them, but I have had leather seats in the current car I own. I have had the car for 16 years. If I went back, I wouldn't get the leather. It didn't last as good as the cloth would have. Although I was lazy and never put any conditioner on it -- so that would have helped.
CptSnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2010, 12:04 PM   #7
boostedboxer
2010 JK Wrangler 

The leather isn't bad..seems to be pretty durable and easy to clean. I've had mud, water, etc on mine and they still look fine. Eventually it will show wear..that's just leather. I do use a leather cleaner/conditioner on mine every now and then
boostedboxer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2010, 12:08 PM   #8
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

I covered mine with IGGEE's synleather, pretty hard to tell the diff.

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
gear ratio , JK Wrangler , towing , towing package , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.