Trailer Hitch and plug - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Trailer Hitch and plug

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 08-06-2007, 09:34 PM   #1
tomc121
tomc121

2007 JK Wrangler 

Trailer Hitch and plug

mounted the plug in bumper, no worrys of damage here.
2" hole saw in the back and front above the cross member.
Bumper comes off just six bolts.

resize-resize-resize-resize-image-02.jpg   resize-resize-resize-resize-resize-image-03.jpg   resize-resize-resize-resize-resize-resize-image-01.jpg  
Unread 08-06-2007, 09:43 PM   #2
JeepMan1975
2008 JK Wrangler 

Very nice.
JeepMan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2007, 02:32 PM   #3
HG97TJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

That's a great idea for the plug. I thought about that location when I had to re-mount mine after it got destroyed at Camp Jeep on the trails but was not ambitious enough to pursue it. I instead re-mounted a new one in the same location under the bumper. You just gave me something to do this weekend
2.5" TF coil lift - Bilstein shocks | 35" BFG AT's on AEV Pintlers | TeraFlex HD Monster front track bar | TF Lower control arms | Rugged Ridge XHD winch bumper | Superwinch EP9 | AEV Procal | Cobra CB
HG97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2007, 03:15 PM   #4
rwmjeepjk
2007 JK Wrangler 

that is the same place that I installed mine...I love it there, very protected. I used a plug style harness that I had which allows me to remove the rear bumper when I build a new one without having to completely unwire or cut/splice.

Nice install.
'07 Unlimited X - RED - winch, mod front bumper, 2.5" lift, 35" BFG KM2's, skid row skid plate, BackUp Camera, Custom Switch Pod, CB / PA, Congo Cage customized to full rack with light bar and rear ladder, more to come! (roof tent is not too far off, getting ready for next Easter Jeep Safari trip)
rwmjeepjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2007, 04:44 PM   #5
tomc121
tomc121

2007 JK Wrangler 

I was thinkin the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwmjeepkj
that is the same place that I installed mine...I love it there, very protected. I used a plug style harness that I had which allows me to remove the rear bumper when I build a new one without having to completely unwire or cut/splice.

Nice install.
I can just unplug the harness from the plug undo the 4 screws and its off.
I have been lookin for a bumper, I like the PJ thought if i wait for awhile the prices might drop.
Unread 08-08-2007, 04:20 PM   #6
Reddog2020

What class of hitch is that? Where did you go and how much did you pay?, if you don't mind telling. I ordered my Rubi with the class II hitch option and found out I can't tow much of anything with it. A local trailer outfit recomends a class III or IV to tow a 4x8 trailer.
Reddog2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2007, 05:00 PM   #7
JrTjK
1985 CJ7 

the hidden hitch is a class III and can be bought from www.quadratec.com for a good price.
JrTjK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2007, 01:10 PM   #8
Malpaso

Where did you get the plug? Is that the quadractec one also?
Unread 08-14-2007, 08:37 AM   #9
tomc121
tomc121

2007 JK Wrangler 

ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog2020
What class of hitch is that? Where did you go and how much did you pay?, if you don't mind telling. I ordered my Rubi with the class II hitch option and found out I can't tow much of anything with it. A local trailer outfit recomends a class III or IV to tow a 4x8 trailer.
class 3 Ebay for 99.00, wireing harness from dealer 75.00
Unread 08-20-2007, 07:58 AM   #10
HG97TJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

I did this mod last night...thanks for the inspiration. You were correct, the bumper comes off very easy, drilled a 2" hole for the plug assembly and reconnected the wires. No more damage (to this part at least) on the trails !!!

I'd post a pic but it looks just like yours.
2.5" TF coil lift - Bilstein shocks | 35" BFG AT's on AEV Pintlers | TeraFlex HD Monster front track bar | TF Lower control arms | Rugged Ridge XHD winch bumper | Superwinch EP9 | AEV Procal | Cobra CB
HG97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.