Trail Rated Badge Missing - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Trail Rated Badge Missing

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.850" LED Light Bar with Overhead Mounting Brackets $69

Unread 09-25-2013, 06:41 AM   #16
SKINUM
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6
All jeeps that come off the line are subjected to the rubicon trail test, even the brand new Cherokee. Like I said, in addition to it being a marketing point it is probably lost for the European market, that said I don't know why it would be considering jeep is selling an actual rubicon overseas. I doubt there are many Europeans that know what the rubicon trail is- American geography is lost on most. You can get a trail rated badge on ten internet shipped internationally for less than $15-20USD
U mean to tell me a Liberty goes onto the Rubcion trail? Nahhh, u can't convince me of that.

SKINUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 06:43 AM   #17
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINUM
U mean to tell me a Liberty goes onto the Rubcion trail? Nahhh, u can't convince me of that.
It does, but it takes all the bypasses. It's easy to get through the rubicon trail when you're not hitting any of the obstacles

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 06:43 AM   #18
rincos
2014 JK Wrangler 

Thank you for that ! Badge doesn't mean that much to me but thanks for the tip !
Are you sure that all the cars coming off production line are shipped to South Lake Tahoe CA to take the test ?
rincos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 06:46 AM   #19
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

When I say all the vehicles rolling off the line I don't literally mean every single one, just the model in general. For example, here is the brand new Cherokee Trail Hawk being tested by Jeep to earn its badge before production starts.

Unread 09-25-2013, 06:52 AM   #20
rincos
2014 JK Wrangler 

Aa ok ! I get it !
Just got an email from Fiat/Jeep and they explained me that EU models don't get the badge , although car is the same , except small EU minor different standard specs !
So here I go ! Thank you all !
Unread 09-25-2013, 08:08 AM   #21
robplumm
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogleparsons View Post
No kidding....
robplumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 08:08 AM   #22
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
Not entirely, the trail rated badge is earned when the vehicle can traverse the rubicon trail unassisted. It is a marketing point that is probably lost in Europe, but it's a qualification none the less
I thought they stopped doing that several years ago.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 08:48 AM   #23
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

They still do it

Unread 09-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #24
GreenRenegade
2013 JK Wrangler 

Most Europeans don't want vehicles on their trails... (lol)
Unread 09-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #25
brighton
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rincos View Post
Yes you are right ! But that doesn't mean that all vehicles coming out the production line go and get tested on the Rubicon, so considering that, my car being a Rubicon I was wondering if it has something else missing like an option add on or something !
Quote:
Aa ok ! I get it !
Just got an email from Fiat/Jeep and they explained me that EU models don't get the badge , although car is the same , except small EU minor different standard specs !
So here I go ! Thank you all !
By the way, you own a Jeep, not a car. A diesel Jeep that many here in the US would love to own, badge or no badge.
Unread 09-26-2013, 01:22 AM   #26
rincos
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton
By the way, you own a Jeep, not a car. A diesel Jeep that many here in the US would love to own, badge or no badge.
Thanks for the correction, you are right ! Jeep is not a car ! Should've known that after several TJ's and JK's
Unread 09-26-2013, 01:33 AM   #27
rincos
2014 JK Wrangler 

BTW , heard lots of Americans wanting Diesel engines ! Can you tell me why ?
Because there's no power except some torque at low revs, there's the illusion of good diesel mileage, sounds like a tractor and maintenance is a pain !
I would love to have big gas engines but in EU taxes are huge and we pay 1.5€/liters that means around 6$/gallon so those are the reasons people buy them
Unread 09-26-2013, 01:40 AM   #28
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
I doubt there are many Europeans that know what the rubicon trail is- American geography is lost on most.
I respectfully disagree. The majority of Europeans whom I've met in my travels are very, very worldly and knowledgable when it comes to North American geography and I'd say that any European who'd be inclined to buy a Wrangler Rubicon would know exactly what that meant and where it is. I'd sooner bet that "European" geography would be more commonly lost to North Americans. Then again, maybe they could make the Euro Rubicon Wrangler "Vosges" to salute WWII.

Now how do we get that 2.8L diesel to the Rubicon??? ...
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 01:57 AM   #29
rincos
2014 JK Wrangler 

Your assumption is so right ! I can talk about the subject from both sides because I used to live in Florida ! I can tell you that there are lots of amazing trails in EU too but US has more diversity ! In July myself and few friends went from Florida to Sturgis SD by motorcycles and back, and U can tell you that we were amazed by the beauty of US ! And of course we went to Yellowstone, Moab, and then Lake Tahoe, so yeah there's lots of us Europeans that know a thing or two about US !
I think you can import the Rubicon 2.8L CRD to US !
dsc_1507.jpg

dsc_1754-copy.jpg

dsc_1759.jpg

dsc_1851.jpg

dsc_1970.jpg

dsc_1989.jpg

dsc_1990.jpg

dsc_2013-1-.jpg

Last edited by rincos; 09-26-2013 at 04:37 AM.. Reason: Adding pics
Unread 09-26-2013, 02:25 AM   #30
2Five22
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
BTW , heard lots of Americans wanting Diesel engines ! Can you tell me why ?
Because there's no power except some torque at low revs, there's the illusion of good diesel mileage, sounds like a tractor and maintenance is a pain !
I would love to have big gas engines but in EU taxes are huge and we pay 1.5€/liters that means around 6$/gallon so those are the reasons people buy them

People want what they cannot have. In the US, there is a sizable aftermarket in performance parts and kits for Diesel powered trucks, just as there are V8 gasoline engine swap kits and suppliers.

I am just the chauffeur.
2Five22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.