Trail Guide Navigation System - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 10-30-2006, 03:16 AM Thread Starter
JoiseyJeff

Trail Guide Navigation System

I see that these are now avail for the 2007. Anyone have one? I read that the wiring harness goes inline with the radio for power. Wasn't too sure on how clean of an install that would be, don't want wires floating around the dash. For 7 bills it sure is cheaper than the in-dash option. Just concerned about the finished install, my stealership was not sure either.
Name:  Trail.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  31.0 KB

89YJ Sahara, Best Jeep I ever had to sell
90MJ 2nd Best Jeep I ever had to sell
93ZJ Might sell soon.
07JK Sahara Rescue Green
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-30-2006, 07:58 AM
Bayou Boy

This is a Garmin Quest that has Jeep instead of Garmin stamped on it. Garmin does this with a few OEMs, BMW motorcycles for one.

Save some money and just get the Garmin product.
post #3 of 11 Old 10-30-2006, 08:35 AM
ColoradoTJ

2012 JK Wrangler 

The installed product on the TJ is very clean, I'm sure it's the same on the JK. I wouldn't let that be a concern. The nice part is that if you run with the top down a lot you can remove the GPS unit. You can find the GPS unit all over the internet for a bit cheaper but the cradle is a little harder to come by. I'd check out the GPS portion of the forum for more information on where to buy.

Clint

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If we weren't all crazy we would go insane" J.B.

post #4 of 11 Old 10-30-2006, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
JoiseyJeff

Id rather pony up and get the complete kit. My dealership has never installed one, something about it blocks the view and might be illegal in NJ? Who knows, I'll check on the GPS forum, didn't know it exhisted. Thanks!

93ZJ Might sell soon.
07JK Sahara Rescue Green
post #5 of 11 Old 10-30-2006, 12:26 PM
JoeBlevins

Where did you see this was available? Just wanted to see the ad and context.
post #6 of 11 Old 10-30-2006, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
JoiseyJeff

http://www.wyckoffchryslerparts.com/jewrtrgunasy.html

Just added, separate part number for the 2007

93ZJ Might sell soon.
07JK Sahara Rescue Green
post #7 of 11 Old 10-30-2006, 01:44 PM
mmccurdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoiseyJeff
http://www.wyckoffchryslerparts.com/jewrtrgunasy.html

Just added, separate part number for the 2007
On that page, you can order the console and wiring harness separately. Does anyone happen to know if the Garmin unit will work with those parts? I've seen the Garmin for sale elsewhere in the two- to three-hundred range which is a significant discount.
post #8 of 11 Old 10-30-2006, 06:27 PM
yellj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccurdy
On that page, you can order the console and wiring harness separately. Does anyone happen to know if the Garmin unit will work with those parts? I've seen the Garmin for sale elsewhere in the two- to three-hundred range which is a significant discount.
How about a link to the site that has the Quest 2 for under $400, cheapest I have seen the kit for for pre 07 is $640, and that's new so it carries the Chrysler warranty

http://jeeppartspeople.com/SearchPro...igation+System

04 Unlimited RE SF 4.5", 1" MORE BL and MML, ARB Bull Bar, AR23 15x8, 35x12.5 MTRs, Jeep Medic Engine and T/F Skid, Shrockworks Rockers, Warn 9.5ti, AA SYE, ARBs, 4.88s and Alloy USA Shafts, HPD30 w JJs 1967 M416

post #9 of 11 Old 10-30-2006, 08:41 PM
mmccurdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellj
How about a link to the site that has the Quest 2 for under $400, cheapest I have seen the kit for for pre 07 is $640, and that's new so it carries the Chrysler warranty
Oops, didn't realize it was a Quest 2 and not the regular Quest. Anyway, here's one (just the GPS unit) for $496:

http://www.fotoconnection.com/viewit...RefTag=froogle

... but that's a lot closer to the $640 that DC wants for theirs, so if the warranty is that much different maybe it's a toss up. In any case, it looks like if the Garmin branded one will fit you can save almost $150 by ordering separately. Have people tried this?
post #10 of 11 Old 10-30-2006, 09:39 PM
Russ Chung

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccurdy
Oops, didn't realize it was a Quest 2 and not the regular Quest. Anyway, here's one (just the GPS unit) for $496:

http://www.fotoconnection.com/viewit...RefTag=froogle

... but that's a lot closer to the $640 that DC wants for theirs, so if the warranty is that much different maybe it's a toss up. In any case, it looks like if the Garmin branded one will fit you can save almost $150 by ordering separately. Have people tried this?
The docking station has external speakers. If you're driving with the top off, you can't hear the prompts from the built-in GPS speaker, so the extra $150 for the complete system with the external speakers is worth the price, IMHO.

If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk!
KI6MLU
post #11 of 11 Old 10-30-2006, 11:09 PM
mmccurdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Chung
The docking station has external speakers. If you're driving with the top off, you can't hear the prompts from the built-in GPS speaker, so the extra $150 for the complete system with the external speakers is worth the price, IMHO.
Right. I was suggesting that you order the "Replacement Console" and the "Replacement Wiring Harness" from JoiseyJeff's link, then just go order the Garmin unit for $150 less from another vendor. I was just wondering if the Garmin would fit that console (and now that I write it, I was assuming "console" meant "docking cradle" but that's an odd word).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.