Traction/Stablilty Control - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Traction/Stablilty Control

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 03-21-2007, 10:55 PM   #1
Dirt_sample

Traction/Stablilty Control

The traction control/stablility contol comes on when I try to get on/off of a curved Freeway ramp, this happened before they flashed the computer for an ABS recall and before I pull on the factory Rubicon tires and wheels. Pushing the button to somewhat disable the system does nothing, does any one else have this issue on a 2 door X model, or any model for that matter.

Dirt_sample is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2007, 10:58 PM   #2
DirtyJeepJK
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt_sample
The traction control/stablility contol comes on when I try to get on a curved on-ramp or off of one, this happened before they flashed the computer for an ABS recall and before I pull on the factory Rubicon tires and wheels. Pushing the button to somewhat disable the system does nothing, does any one else have this issue on a 2 door X model, or any model for that matter?
mine has only come on twice, once while sliding on some ice on an underpasss and once when intentionally spinning the tires in the snow.
DirtyJeepJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2007, 11:00 PM   #3
Dirt_sample

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBADTRIPx
mine has only come on twice, once while sliding on some ice on an underpasss and once when intentionally spinning the tires in the snow.
Mine happens on dry pavement, no ice, water, or snow here, just lots of traffic. I guess it's back to the dealer, which does very sub-standard work...
Unread 03-21-2007, 11:16 PM   #4
Kyoseki
Inconceivable!

Quote:
Mine happens on dry pavement, no ice, water, or snow here, just lots of traffic. I guess it's back to the dealer, which does very sub-standard work...
I've heard this is caused by a faulty wheel speed sensor.
Unread 03-21-2007, 11:30 PM   #5
jeepers3

Mine comes on a lot - but it's because I am sliding around on the ice and snow (:

Speaking of which - I've never had ABS before, and really didn't care about getting ABS with this Jeep. But now after having driven around with it for two months, I think it is great (:
jeepers3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2007, 06:42 AM   #6
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

yep mine comes on on any hard curve ramp because im going to fast... easy answer.. slow down. U may think ur fine with the speed but i would rather the computer play it safe than my new JK sitting in a ditch on its side
Unread 03-22-2007, 08:38 AM   #7
Dirt_sample

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJerm
yep mine comes on on any hard curve ramp because im going to fast... easy answer.. slow down. U may think ur fine with the speed but i would rather the computer play it safe than my new JK sitting in a ditch on its side
I wished it was a case of going too fast, but I don't think that 25mph is too fast while trying to get onto the Freeway. It slows me down so much that I feel like I'm at risk when getting on because I'm not going near the speed of traffic.
Unread 03-22-2007, 08:52 AM   #8
luckyjeeper

Actually, if you have a 6spd. play with your approach speed, braking and gear. I found that if I'm in 4th gear when I approach and going 50 on a 30mph off ramp clover leaf, especially downhill, and apply brakes, shift to third and get the speed around 35, and as long as I don't oversteer into the curve, the esp does not come on, but like BigJerm said, if it comes on, i'm glad, coz i'm going to fast or over/understeering. I've also noticed that your tire pressure can effect this. when I first got my 33's, they had them aird to 35psi and the ESP came on more often, I aird up to 40psi (according to manu. website) and it's much better. the front drivers side was aired wrong one day and the system really reacted to it. so I keep them checked often now. (which is just safe anyway, you should check it every gas up anyway but no one ever does)

I'm pretty happy with the ESP system. it rocks on wet and ice for sure!

Also, as the manual says, when it comes on, let your foot off the gas, if you fight it, I think it will just fight you back.

of couse, this all depends on your mods too.
[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][B]Virescit Vulnere Virtus[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
luckyjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2007, 08:52 AM   #9
DShizzle
My daughter is SAXON

Quote:
this happened before before I pull on the factory Rubicon tires and wheels. .

Are you saying you no longer have Factory tires and wheels...if not then what size are on...sounds like ABS since it does this with the traction control off...
possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".
DShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2007, 09:15 AM   #10
luckyjeeper

SAXON: You could be right! I just took my JK in for the recall service today, among a few other things. I'll be interested to see how it reacts when I get it back. there are three clover leafs I travel on each day that I'm very familiar with in several different cars/trucks. I'll let ya know.
Unread 03-22-2007, 05:23 PM   #11
Dirt_sample

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAXON
Are you saying you no longer have Factory tires and wheels...if not then what size are on...sounds like ABS since it does this with the traction control off...
I running the OEM BFG's 255/75/17 on the OEM Rims that come stock on the JK Rubion. It doen't really matter since it did this before I changed the tires or the ABS recall flash.

Now it did something really weird today; I turned the key to the Acc position to show someone something and the horn beeped as well as the windshield wipes moved, Jeeps, you got to love the quality...
Unread 03-23-2007, 07:28 PM   #12
dodco1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Now it did something really weird today; I turned the key to the Acc position to show someone something and the horn beeped as well as the windshield wipes moved, Jeeps, you got to love the quality...[/QUOTE]

Sometimes when I hit the remote to unlock the horn honks and the windshield washer squirts. The dealer said nothing is wrong.
dodco1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2007, 09:14 PM   #13
luckyjeeper

got jeep back today. they did the ABS recall. aparently it worked for me. They reset the tires size to 32" (255/75R17 is the biggest they can go but it's close enough), did the ABS deal. I went the same route to work along the three clover leafs and ESP didn't go off at all, only when I tried to make it by hitting one at over 40 and slightly oversteering. It was nice to know that it works like it should but didn't come on as quick. Service guy said he thought it was my tire upgrade but I told him others were experiencing it with stock...the service people are totally clueless. I had three TSBs printed out and handed them to him and he (probably lying) told me they did not find those in relation to my vehicle...what ever that means!

As computerized as these vehicles are, I wish they were more like my Mac, and I could run the upgrades myself as they come out. onboard computer could have WIFI and would alert you to when a new update was ready! But I'm sure that's the future, it's just not now, eh?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.