Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Traction Control ESP BAS Light on

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Showard59 
#1 ·
Hi all, this is my first post here. I have a 09 JKU Rubicon, and on my way home from work today, the traction control ESP BAS lights came on and stayed on. I haven't had a chance to get under it and see if any of the sensors have come loose.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue with their JK, and, if so, what was the issue. I'm hoping that it's something simple like a sensor is loose or something, because I can't really afford to replace anything currently.

#4 ·
No, I haven't done anything recently. I'm going to be looking at it later today, so hopefully it's something simple. It's possible that it's just from the temperature changes here. Might have gotten some water from condensation in it and it's messing the sensor up.

#5 ·
Is your steering wheel dead centered when driving straight? It doesn't take much to make the traction control light turn on, especially if there's a cross-wind and you're countersteering making it seem even worse to the computer. If this is it, easy fix.

More often than not, that's the problem when people report traction control light coming on.

#6 ·
Steering wheel is centered. When it turned on, I was pulling out of the parking lot at work last night, so I was turning to the left. I went and checked the wires, connections, etc, and everything's fine. Drove it for a bit and the lights turned off. It was probably just something like condensation between a sensor and the rotor or something like that. If it comes back on, I might have them look at it at the dealership, since I have a warranty on it still. Only have to pay a $100 deductible for it.

#7 ·
Hey Showard59,

I am sorry to hear about your recent experience with your Wrangler. I could not find any service bulletins related to your vehicle. I would advise you to have the vehicle scanned for DTCs at your local servicing FCA dealership. If there is a stored or present code, a diagnosis can be given.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.