Are the trackbar relo brackets still junk? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Are the trackbar relo brackets still junk?

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 04-27-2010, 10:21 AM   #1
juiceparn
2007 JK Wrangler 

Are the trackbar relo brackets still junk?

I know many had issues with several different trackbar brackets breaking loose. As I see that they are still available, I'm wondering if they have been redesigned and are a viable solution? I'm thinking about a bracket for the rear and adjustable for the front. Any brands that are a known good, or bad design? Thanks for any input.

Unread 04-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

The re-location brackets are not the problem!!!
The added stress that they add to the factory brackets is the weakness.
A relocation bracket used in combination with reinforcement of the factory brackets is the solution.
There are a few options, Curry, TeraFlex, AEV, JKS, and many others offer weld-on and/or bolt-on brackets.
Some of these combine the re-location, some just reinforce the factory bracket.
You could reinforce with steel plate and welding yourself if you are so equipped.
There are a few that don't require welding, I think JKS is one.
Good luck, hope this helps

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 11:55 AM   #3
tricked919
2007 JK Wrangler 

if its bolt on - I'd avoid it like the plague. ESPECIALLY if you wheel.

There's lots of adjustable bars that meet the need, are not too pricey and will allow you to return to stock height or change lifts without the added hassle.
'07 JK 2dr Sahara - auto w/ 4.10's and rear locker. 2" OME HD coil lift, BDS shocks, and 1" body-lift. 34" Hankook RT09 MT's on 16" AEV Bridgers. ARB diff covers, Warn bumpers, Warn 9K winch, a couple Hella lights ...and a WORTHLESS AirRaid CAI.
tricked919 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 12:31 PM   #4
juiceparn
2007 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the replies! I guess I'll just wait a little longer and go adjustable as I may end up going higher in future anyway.
Unread 04-27-2010, 01:52 PM   #5
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

It's still better to reinforce them before the welds break than after!!!
You currently have large tires that will put tremendous stress on the stock brackets regardless of set-up!!

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 04:38 PM   #6
Alaska-HWY JK

TF Rear Bracket

It depends on whose bolt on bracket you're refering to. I've had the Teraflex rear bracket on mine for 2 years and 2 trips to Moab, over 40'000km's and no problems. Its the ones that just extend off the factory ones with no addition bracing that break the welds. The adjustable tracbars are nice but don't address the roll center issue. You want your axle centered but also your trackbar to sit as flat as it did from the factory. I'm still running the factory rear tracbar as the TF bracket has 3 adjustment holes to center your axle.
Alaska-HWY JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2010, 07:00 AM   #7
riverzendz
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK View Post
It depends on whose bolt on bracket you're refering to. I've had the Teraflex rear bracket on mine for 2 years and 2 trips to Moab, over 40'000km's and no problems. Its the ones that just extend off the factory ones with no addition bracing that break the welds. The adjustable tracbars are nice but don't address the roll center issue. You want your axle centered but also your trackbar to sit as flat as it did from the factory. I'm still running the factory rear tracbar as the TF bracket has 3 adjustment holes to center your axle.
x2. This a good bracket and it is a bolt on.
riverzendz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2010, 07:23 AM   #8
tricked919
2007 JK Wrangler 

You have to remember though - this is about added leverage on the weak factory mount - not bad brackets. Yes, some brackets are designed better than others. I don't think anyone will argue that the TF bracket is a good one, but the fact that you guys have had good luck is probably more of a testament to the strength of your factory mount than it is a good bracket. Same reason why some guys have had roof leaks and some haven't - some just came out better than others. Bottom line is that there's no substitute for a new track bar.
'07 JK 2dr Sahara - auto w/ 4.10's and rear locker. 2" OME HD coil lift, BDS shocks, and 1" body-lift. 34" Hankook RT09 MT's on 16" AEV Bridgers. ARB diff covers, Warn bumpers, Warn 9K winch, a couple Hella lights ...and a WORTHLESS AirRaid CAI.
Unread 04-28-2010, 08:02 AM   #9
riverzendz
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricked919 View Post
You have to remember though - this is about added leverage on the weak factory mount - not bad brackets. Yes, some brackets are designed better than others. I don't think anyone will argue that the TF bracket is a good one, but the fact that you guys have had good luck is probably more of a testament to the strength of your factory mount than it is a good bracket. Same reason why some guys have had roof leaks and some haven't - some just came out better than others. Bottom line is that there's no substitute for a new track bar.
I disagree 100%. Take a close look at how the TF bolt-on bracket mounts and it will answer your strength inquiries. Control arm mount, track bar mount, u-bolt on axle tube. It's not going anywhere. If it didn't have the additional mounting points and was a bolt on to the stock bracket, I would agree with you.
Unread 04-28-2010, 08:18 AM   #10
tricked919
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverzendz View Post
I disagree 100%. Take a close look at how the TF bolt-on bracket mounts and it will answer your strength inquiries. Control arm mount, track bar mount, u-bolt on axle tube. It's not going anywhere. If it didn't have the additional mounting points and was a bolt on to the stock bracket, I would agree with you.
I stand corrected. I looked at the TF mount after that post and you are right. Did they change it? I swore that it was a tab mount.
Unread 04-28-2010, 09:27 AM   #11
insanitize
Jeepin Old Man

2007 JK Wrangler 

Poly Performance makes one that bolts to the old track bar mount (after modification) and then has two U-bolts that go around the axle tube.
v8 some mods. lifted
and other assorted old iron
insanitize is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2010, 10:28 AM   #12
riverzendz
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricked919 View Post
I stand corrected. I looked at the TF mount after that post and you are right. Did they change it? I swore that it was a tab mount.
At some point, yes, they did. But this version has been around for some time.

The Poly is a nice setup too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.