Track Bars? Do I need one? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Track Bars? Do I need one?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-27-2010, 06:29 PM   #1
Steel02001
2010 JK Wrangler 

Track Bars? Do I need one?

Long story short I am back in the market for a lift kit (had ordered, yada yada yada). Now that I am looking for them again I am seeing more of a difference in kits.

Some come with new, fixed length track bars, some come with a new bracket, some an adjustable bar, and some none at all. Which do I need to be looking for. I would think if you lift, especially anything over 2.5", you would need a new one, but maybe I am missing something.

Clue me in people.

Steel02001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2010, 09:15 PM   #2
Steel02001
2010 JK Wrangler 

anyone anything?
Steel02001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2010, 09:18 PM   #3
djkbooth
2010 JK Wrangler 

i have a 2010, kit didnt come with one ran it for a while then ordered an aftermarket, the stock rubicon one was fine for me, just slowly upgrading parts
djkbooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2010, 10:35 PM   #4
Warlord2
2007 JK Wrangler 

The track bar or relocation bracket will bring the front and rear wheels back to being parallel after a lift. If you lift over like 2" I would get the track bar. The relocation bracket is a cheaper fix but doesnt have the adjustability and the axle brackets have been known the break off with that setup.
07 JK 2D X model with 6 speeds. Full Traction 3" ultimate lift kit. 315x75x16 Toyo Open Country M/T on Rock crawler procomp rim. Ruby dana44's front sleeved inside/outside C truss and rear with 5.13's gears. Homemade rock guards, rear bumper w/tire carrier, oilpan/tranny skid, evap canister skid, light bar, switch pod. Riddler diff covers, Cobra 75 w/wilson antenna, Polk speakers, 10" sub, 2x Amps, Lightforce 240 drive light, backup lights, rock lights.
Warlord2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lift advice , trac bar

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.