TPMS-sorry another question... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > TPMS-sorry another question...

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 06-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #1
JASJ
2012 JK Wrangler 

TPMS-sorry another question...

Wondering about interchangeability with these. Is it the frequency only or are there other factors? Considering wheels and tires with sensors that work with a 2002 WJ that are 433 mgHz like ones on my 2012 JK. They do fit 2012 rubi wheels as that's what they are run on.

Wanting two sets wheels and tires, one winter set up and one summer but not the big expense of new TPMS. Other options? Procal will effectively shut it off? I read in another thread it's very easy to remove them by airing down the tire and pushing away from bead and removing. Is it feasible to swap them back and forth since tire does not need to be removed?

JASJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #2
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Get the procal, set your TPMS to zero and then simply do your due-dilligence as a responsible automobile operator/owner and check your tire pressure on a regular basis. TPMS is marketed for the general population who doesn't have the time, inclination, or know-how to check their tire pressure often and it is also set to create wind-fall profits for dealers and tire retailers alike. TPMS isn't necessary if you have more than half a brain.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 10:22 PM   #3
JASJ
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubAtomicGenius View Post
Get the procal, set your TPMS to zero and then simply do your due-dilligence as a responsible automobile operator/owner and check your tire pressure on a regular basis. TPMS is marketed for the general population who doesn't have the time, inclination, or know-how to check their tire pressure often and it is also set to create wind-fall profits for dealers and tire retailers alike. TPMS isn't necessary if you have more than half a brain.
So I assume then that this is a 100% fix of the problem? I do check my pressures weekly with all my cars, and use my turn signal unlike 70% of the population or more.
JASJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.