TPMS reset - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > TPMS reset

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 01-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
leapfrog
2013 JK Wrangler 

TPMS reset

I just put new wheels and tires on my '13 JK and now the TPMS light is on. Does anyone know how to get my jeep to recognize the new pressure sensors? I have made sure the tires are pressured up and driven around, which are the two recommendations I see most often, but to no avail. Is there a buton I need to push or something?

Thanks
Aaron

leapfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 04:02 PM   #2
Spank
2012 JK Wrangler 

Need more info, but you'll want to get a ProCal to tell the Jeep's computer you've got new shoes or just disable the TPMS system completely.
Unread 01-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #3
JK4doors
2012 JK Wrangler 

Did you make sure the new sensors are compatible with 2013 models? Jeep changed sensors from 2012 to 2013. They work on a different frequency and allow individual tire pressure readout.
Unread 01-05-2013, 04:19 PM   #4
leapfrog
2013 JK Wrangler 

I ordered the wheels and tires from 4wheel parts and they had my vehicle info, so I assume they sent the correct sensors, but I don't know for certain. How can I tell? I have a ProCal on order, but I don't want to disable the TPMS, I just ordered that to reset my speedo for the bigger tires and future taller gears. I didn't think it was necessary just to replace the wheels. I do not have the individual pressure readings, if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the replies
Aaron
Unread 01-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #5
JK4doors
2012 JK Wrangler 

Is your spare tire up to correct pressure? How far have you driven?
Unread 01-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #6
JK4doors
2012 JK Wrangler 

U might look at your invoice and see if it tells you what year model sensors were installed
Unread 01-05-2013, 04:38 PM   #7
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

You do not need to program a manual for new gearing. Speed is taken from the wheel rotation sensor hence takes into account all gearing, just need new diameter of tires. If the pressure is above the original setting, set at 32 on my stock 08 JK, then the light should go out if the sensors are the correct ones...if they are not the correct sensors, then you have the option of changing them, listening the chime and looking at the light, or using a Procal or such, turning them off.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #8
Jiblet
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leapfrog View Post
I just put new wheels and tires on my '13 JK and now the TPMS light is on. Does anyone know how to get my jeep to recognize the new pressure sensors? I have made sure the tires are pressured up and driven around, which are the two recommendations I see most often, but to no avail. Is there a buton I need to push or something?

Thanks
Aaron
Is the light solid or flashing? Solid means low pressure. Flashing means a bad sensor.

To reset you drive for "up to 20 minutes" at over 15 mph.

No buttons to push.
Jiblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #9
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Also note if your new tires are bigger than stock, most likely you should also use less than stock tire pressure - which means either reprogramming your TPMS to the new required pressure or disabling the system entirely.

Aside from actually knowing how to check tire pressures and doing it often (as a responsible vehicle owner should) - this is one of the many reasons I chose not to get TPMS sensors in my mud tires.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #10
leapfrog
2013 JK Wrangler 

The light flashes for a minute or so when I start, then stays on, which I thought meant a system fault rather than low pressure. I think my question has been answered. Right now I'm guessing that I have the wrong sensors, as I have driven about 40 miles, which should satisfy the reset requirement. I'll call 4wheel parts on Monday and see what I can figure out.

Thanks
Unread 01-22-2013, 07:52 PM   #11
David_M

2013 JK Wrangler 

So based on a couple of responses, I think I have my answer but would like to confirm. I am selling my stock wheels and tires from my 2013 sport. I am running ATX slab beadlocks and 37" toyo tires. The new wheels and tires do not have any sensors in them. I don't care if the tire pressure monitor system doesn't work I just don't want any kind of warning or other lights or messages related to tire pressure on in my dash. I do have an AEV Procal, with it I can disable the system to where I will NOT be getting any "idiot" lights?

Thanks, David M
Unread 01-22-2013, 09:01 PM   #12
JK4doors
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_M
So based on a couple of responses, I think I have my answer but would like to confirm. I am selling my stock wheels and tires from my 2013 sport. I am running ATX slab beadlocks and 37" toyo tires. The new wheels and tires do not have any sensors in them. I don't care if the tire pressure monitor system doesn't work I just don't want any kind of warning or other lights or messages related to tire pressure on in my dash. I do have an AEV Procal, with it I can disable the system to where I will NOT be getting any "idiot" lights?

Thanks, David M
Correct. The Procal can disable the TPMS and any warning lights associated with it. Wish I had 37's for my rig
Unread 01-23-2013, 07:49 AM   #13
xraypat23
2008 JK Wrangler 

if you bought rims with TPMS, i've heard there's 2 different frequencies the newer jeeps 2012-up use. I know i just bought a new set of tires, and already had 1 wheel sensor go bad on my 2008, so i bought a pro cal solved the light issue
xraypat23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.