Tpms - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Tpms

Free shipping on Rugged Ridge XHD bumpersBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-10-2015, 08:45 AM   #1
rider251
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Tpms

The "Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)" indicator light has illuminated in my new 2014 Wrangler. More than likely because the temps went into the single digits. Tires don't look low and been to cold to add air until later today. Will this light automatically go off once I add air or does it now need to be reset? And if so how?
I hate technology!!!

rider251 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2015, 09:11 AM   #2
14Sport
2014 JK Wrangler 

After a little driving around it will clear itself after you properly inflate the tires. You also can use a programmer to lower the threshold or turn it off.

I jeep therefore I am.
14Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2015, 10:09 AM   #3
ncb

No reason to hate the technology. It did its job and with out checking the tires it's only a guess if the tires are slightly below the threshold psi or maybe one has a leak.

As stated there's no need to have the system reset after airing them up.

Edit-Do the newer JKs have a page that reports the exact pressure of each tire on the EVIC?
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2015, 11:10 AM   #4
christensent
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb View Post
Edit-Do the newer JKs have a page that reports the exact pressure of each tire on the EVIC?
Yes, my 2014 does. I assume that is part of the 2014 EVIC upgrade.
christensent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.