TPM error not sure what it means? help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > TPM error not sure what it means? help

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-31-2012, 08:54 AM   #1
apentivolpi
2013 JK Wrangler 

TPM error not sure what it means? help

I have a 2013 rubicon and I just got the truck yesterday and the tire pressure system came on. one tire says 38psi and the other 3 dont have a number just a dash - net to the 3 other tire. just dont want to have to go to the dealer if its a quick fix.

apentivolpi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2012, 09:32 AM   #2
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Either you have to drive a bit or have them reset. Tire shops can normally do this too. Not sure on the 13's yet though I know they have a new TPMS frequency.

If it does not correct itself in the next couple of days of driving its an easy fix at the dealer, just have to reprogram the sensor. about 5 min.
Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2012, 11:35 AM   #3
tavic
2010 JK Wrangler 

It should be corrected within 5 miles of driving. There has been situations in the past where folks have come across bad batches.
tavic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
paul84043
2012 JK Wrangler 

have you checked them to see what they're actually running at?
Typically they will go off if you go under about 30psi, or I believe if the computer sees a large disparity between one and the others.

Check them yourself, including your spare, just to make sure that everything really is good to go. Give it a day or so of driving, if it hasn't reset, then take it back to the mothership.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2012, 02:36 PM   #5
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Donít just assume that they came from the factory with the proper psi. Always check (all 5) the pressure yourself especially if they came from a tire shop.
Unread 08-31-2012, 07:57 PM   #6
Butterbuddha

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
Donít just assume that they came from the factory with the proper psi. Always check (all 5) the pressure yourself especially if they came from a tire shop.
X2 on that. I got 5 wheels and tires from Discount Tire Direct, they ranged 16 psi across the five!!!!!!!
Unread 08-31-2012, 08:21 PM   #7
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

^^^ Funny you should mention them (discount, a store by me) because thatís the tire shop that I use and it happens more times than not over the years.
Unread 09-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #8
JeepCares

from the service manual:

When diagnosing a tire pressure issue, always check air pressure in the tires first with a known accurate air gauge. Adjust air pressure as necessary to that listed on the Tire Inflation Pressure Label (Placard) provided with the vehicle (usually applied to the driver’s side B-pillar). After adjusting air pressure in a tire on the vehicle, allow approximately two minutes for the message or indicator lamp to go out.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2012, 08:32 AM   #9
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLOUXJ View Post
Either you have to drive a bit or have them reset. Tire shops can normally do this too. Not sure on the 13's yet though I know they have a new TPMS frequency.
The 2013 Wrangler uses the 433 MHz TPM sensor. Although 315 MHz and 433 MHz sensors are identical in size and shape, they are not interchangeable.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2012, 08:46 AM   #10
apentivolpi
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post
The 2013 Wrangler uses the 433 MHz TPM sensor. Although 315 MHz and 433 MHz sensors are identical in size and shape, they are not interchangeable.
yep that what was wrong they put in 2012 sensors, I will be getting the jeep back today.... thanks guys for all the help.
apentivolpi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.