toyo mts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > toyo mts?

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 04-28-2010, 08:05 PM   #1
jeffeng1010
2010 JK Wrangler 

toyo mts?

thinking about getting toyo mt open countrys... dont do a bunch of offroading but i want a tire tht performs well on the road and offroad are toyos the right tire? let me know

jeffeng1010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
Warlord2
2007 JK Wrangler 

I like mine very much and am planning on getting them again. Damn quiet for a MT tire on pavement and come pre sipped for rain. Got about 22k miles on the tires and I still see sipping, hopefully the tire is good for another 25k miles. Havent used any other MT tire but so far these are doing great offroad and havent had any uneven wear.
07 JK 2D X model with 6 speeds. Full Traction 3" ultimate lift kit. 315x75x16 Toyo Open Country M/T on Rock crawler procomp rim. Ruby dana44's front sleeved inside/outside C truss and rear with 5.13's gears. Homemade rock guards, rear bumper w/tire carrier, oilpan/tranny skid, evap canister skid, light bar, switch pod. Riddler diff covers, Cobra 75 w/wilson antenna, Polk speakers, 10" sub, 2x Amps, Lightforce 240 drive light, backup lights, rock lights.
Warlord2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2010, 10:11 PM   #3
Brownbear21
2008 JK Wrangler 

I've had them for about 3 weeks now. Great on road, very quiet and they look awesome
Brownbear21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2010, 10:11 PM   #4
ge2
Gold Member

2007 JK Wrangler 

x2^^ I've had nothing but toyos on any of our vehicles for the last 6-7 years. The MTs are great. Very happy with them. Mine is also a DD.
ge2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2010, 05:47 AM   #5
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

They're great tires but sometimes a little hard to find. I recently had to buy KM2s because I couldn't find the Toyos I wanted anywhere; the Toyo gal called it a "galactic back-order" situation.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2010, 09:55 PM   #6
tacjeep99

I have the 285x75R16 Toyo MTs on my TJ. Due to the size, had to get them in a load range E. I think they may be a little stiff in the sidewall for a light vehicle like the TJ. That being said, they are great tires, quiet, balanced easily, and look great. Have had them in mud snow and rain, performed very well in all conditions, you can't go wrong with them.
tacjeep99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2010, 11:39 PM   #7
ihbond
2010 JK Wrangler 

Great Tire. I am still not all convinced that 10 ply is still a great combination with the portion of Highway mileage i drive (about 80) miles everyday.. So far so good in the Rain and mud.
On my RV i love the TOYO brand, and their customer service. Great price for the PLY and casings.
ihbond is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.