Towing Capacity - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Towing Capacity

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 07-13-2013, 04:29 PM   #31
Downwindtracker

Lift will not effect pull or stop but will effect sway control. The long 116" of wheelbase of the Unlimited will steady things out, that's likely why the greater rating.Trailer balance will also have great effect on sway. You may need a cheap friction sway control .

Downwindtracker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 11:56 PM   #32
ancientspear
2013 JK Wrangler 

My old v8 WJ had nearly twice the tow rating than my 2k13 JKU with 4:10's. in theory the JK would smoke the WJ in every category with perhaps an exception being in the transmission (+ cooling) and COG departments. Not mentioned is the unibody design on the WJ vs our frames. Could our frame or more likely how the factory receiver is mounted on JKs be our Achillies heel?
ancientspear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2013, 04:29 AM   #33
KurtieR

The lift kit doesn't, it just prevents the jeep from dragging its *** down the road! Which doesn't take much on stock springs
KurtieR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:30 PM   #34
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtieR View Post
I have towed a 20 foot Seadoo Boat with my 13 JKU all summer long. It does not have the max tow and is rated at 2000lbs max capacity due to the 3.21 gears. I installed some 33s and a 3" BDS lift and it tows the boat nicer than my buddy's avalanche! The BDS springs are much stiffer than stock and when the boat sits on it they level right out. Boat/trailer/gear is well over 3000lbs and I have had zero issues when starting/stopping! The tow numbers are very conservative, and in the end the lift is going to help!
Good luck if you end up in an accident and they realize you were towing well in excess of your vehicle's rating.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.