Torture on the Rubicon: The New Family Wrangler Hangs a Left Into Hell's Driveway. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Torture on the Rubicon: The New Family Wrangler Hangs a Left Into Hell's Driveway.

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 12-12-2006, 12:28 PM   #1
PetervE
Dutch Man
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Torture on the Rubicon: The New Family Wrangler Hangs a Left Into Hell's Driveway.

Torture on the Rubicon: The New Family Wrangler Hangs a Left Into Hell's Driveway.

http://autos.aol.com/article/general...06165909990001

Interested in hearing some comments...

PetervE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2006, 12:36 PM   #2
IlliniJeeper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I read that report when it came out in C&D a few months ago. It doesn't surprise me that the wrangler got beat up a bit, most stock vehicles don't make it off that trail alive and running much less able to drive back to base. Also, for something with the Wrangler badge I would expect nothing less than it be able to accomplish what the article claims.
Unread 12-12-2006, 12:48 PM   #3
SecondTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

yea, not new stuff. That was in last months car & driver i believe.

Gone - 2000 Sport, 1987 YJ, 1997 SE
SecondTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2006, 01:59 PM   #4
FLATFENDER54
2001 TJ Wrangler 

long read - I gotta get to the rubicon. My father grew up very close to there but he had to move (boohoo)
FLATFENDER54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2006, 08:36 PM   #5
UTAH

Note that the new JKs were driven by novices and were driven to the site and back from L.A. (400 miles one-way). There're not many stock vehicles right off the showroom floor that can drive to the Rubicon, successfully complete the run, and drive back home without major damage.

Bill
Unread 12-15-2006, 04:03 AM   #6
Poor Boy
All Around Nice Guy

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTAH
Note that the new JKs were driven by novices and were driven to the site and back from L.A. (400 miles one-way). There're not many stock vehicles right off the showroom floor that can drive to the Rubicon, successfully complete the run, and drive back home without major damage.

Bill
furreal. inexperienced drivers, stock jeeps, brutal trail. i'm so glad i don't have an accord....
Feed my girlfriend.

Follow my girlfriend

Brew what you drink, drink what you brew

USN Hull number 54
Poor Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2006, 06:05 AM   #7
Crazy88888s

It's a car magazine, after all. Think of it as the review of a dirt bike by a street bike magazine.
Crazy88888s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.