Topless Options for 4 door JK - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Topless Options for 4 door JK

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 12-31-2009, 09:58 AM   #16
Rescue1
2009 JK Wrangler 

mine are factory. nobody sells the factory ones. you have to that option when you get the jeep. can't even get them from mopar right now. so if you can find someone selling them they are expensive. river raider is making hard lowers only and bestop has some upers and lowers but they don't look like these.

Rescue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2009, 11:19 AM   #17
FracEngineer
2007 JK Wrangler 

Rescue1 Thanks for the reply and pics of your rig!!! I am sold on the Wraparound Wind Jammer and Duster, it gives it the look and function i was looking for. Since my Jeep was broken into the last time i have had the soft top off completely, and with thte crazy weather we have been having here in the DFW Metroplex its been sitting in the garage most of the time.

I was really curious where the wrap around connected all of the pics on the net i have found showed it behind the drivers seat essentially dropping the rear seats, they just added the duster extension and took the 4 door to a 2 door with no storage.

Looks Great!!!
FracEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2010, 01:08 PM   #18
FracEngineer
2007 JK Wrangler 

Rescue 1:

Hey i have a quick question I just tried to install my Wraparound wind jammer onmy 4dr JK. Do you have any pictures of mods you made to make it work? I have it on and it fits but the top ofcourse doesnt connect to anything and the bottom where it is supposed to fasten to the seat D rings it seems to long. Any help would be great!!! Also when installing the Safari top did you take the spring loaded clamps off that used to hold the sof top freedom top on?
Thanks!!!
FracEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2010, 05:50 PM   #19
Liquor
BOUNTY HUNTER

2007 JK Wrangler 

tuffy security deck. behind rear seats is locked whent he tail gate is locked. cant get into it at all unless they have a pry bar and rip everything up.

those are the 2 best pics i have of it now. when i get back to the states ill take more pics and post them

Full Build Thread

2002 TJ Sport - Sold

"CAIN" '07 Jeep JK 426 HEMI 685 HP & 650 ft lbs
Facebook Twitter YouTube

MrDeids.com Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:
Pitbull Tires Poison Spyder Customs Poly Performance Rigid Industries Rock Krawler Suspension Spiderweb Shade
Magazine Feature:
2007 Jeep Wrangler - 426 Hemi JK - All The Right Stuff Oct, '11
Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 07:41 PM   #20
RMB1234
2007 JK Wrangler 

Rescue1, where did you find that windjammer?I have the 4 door with the duster and windjammer, but would much rather set mine up like you have yours. Yours seals out the elements much moreedhan the windjammer that I have. I search quadratec and similar sights for the 4 door and 2 door windjammers and haven't seen anthing like yours. Is it bestop, do you have a part number or suggestion for me to try and find a similar one. Thanks for the help. Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue1 View Post
not sure if you have the 2dr or 4dr but with my 4dr it leaks... bad

but i still wouldn't change it. i park in the garage at night and in a parking garage at work so that takes care of 90% of my exposure.

they don't make a wraparound windjammer for the 4dr yet so i used the 2dr one and "made it work". it doens't connect to the duster and the top leaks where the front doors are supposed to seal.
RMB1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 07:47 PM   #21
RMB1234
2007 JK Wrangler 

Found it, sorry. Key word is wraparound. Got it now, Thanks. Good job, looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB1234 View Post
Rescue1, where did you find that windjammer?I have the 4 door with the duster and windjammer, but would much rather set mine up like you have yours. Yours seals out the elements much moreedhan the windjammer that I have. I search quadratec and similar sights for the 4 door and 2 door windjammers and haven't seen anthing like yours. Is it bestop, do you have a part number or suggestion for me to try and find a similar one. Thanks for the help. Charlie
RMB1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2010, 05:03 AM   #22
Rescue1
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FracEngineer View Post
Rescue 1:

Hey i have a quick question I just tried to install my Wraparound wind jammer onmy 4dr JK. Do you have any pictures of mods you made to make it work? I have it on and it fits but the top ofcourse doesnt connect to anything and the bottom where it is supposed to fasten to the seat D rings it seems to long. Any help would be great!!! Also when installing the Safari top did you take the spring loaded clamps off that used to hold the sof top freedom top on?
Thanks!!!

to get the top to pull tight i cut two slits in the plastic and ran the straps for the safari top thru it. don't cut the material, cut the plastic channel.

the long shirt type pieces that are supposed to fit down to the seatbelts i just left loose. i don't attach them. i havent cut them off in hopes that when i finaly get over to an upolstrey shop they maybe can use that extra fabric.

i'm lost on your question about the header bar, i got my safari top used and the header bar was already there. i'll run out at lunch today and take a look.
Unread 03-16-2010, 01:29 PM   #23
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

another Texan here But I'm down here in the southern part where it is hot most of the year.

Let's see... Mine came stock with hardtop only. Last year I added the Bestop Trektop. Love the looks. But it is a PITA to put on & take off. I can actually remove/install my hardtop in less time than the Trektop. The Trektop also is not easily stowed- it doesn't conveniently roll up and stow in back like a stock soft top does.

My solution has been- Hard top hoist, keeping the hard top stored in the garage ready to be dropped into place in a moments notice. I run topless, or with the Bestop Bikini on most of the time, and when rain is inevitable I back into the garage and have the hardtop on in less than 15 minutes. I keep the Trektop for when I go on wheeling runs- I figure if I tear that up while wheeling, it is less expensive than the hardtop.

Have I been caught in sudden storm with no doors and bikini top? Of course- it happens. But as long as I pay attention to weather reports, I can usually avoid it from happening.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2010, 01:31 PM   #24
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

BTW- ignore that Rescue1 guy! I figure if we all ignore him enough, he'll eventually give me his half doors.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Quote:
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
Unread 03-16-2010, 01:31 PM   #25
Rescue1
2009 JK Wrangler 

Howdy Steve
Unread 03-16-2010, 01:36 PM   #26
Rescue1
2009 JK Wrangler 

i replied howdy to you before you last post came thru

i take it back.
Unread 03-16-2010, 01:41 PM   #27
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 03-16-2010, 01:44 PM   #28
Rescue1
2009 JK Wrangler 

besides i think you'd have to steal them from george, jody and joe first. that is unless you like orange
Unread 03-16-2010, 01:53 PM   #29
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue1 View Post

besides i think you'd have to steal them from george, jody and joe first. that is unless you like orange
Jody & Joe are out- they have 2 door. F them!

George- he'll just bash them on the rocks! No need to give them to him.

So there- you have nothing to worry about. Hand them over!

Quote:
Quote:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.