Top Options - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Top Options

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-17-2010, 09:55 PM   #1
dbdevil4
2007 JK Wrangler 

Top Options

I currently have a JK 4 door with a hard top on. With the nice weather I would like to switch tops. What I am looking for is to pretty much have the top off most of the time, but then I would like a top that can quickly be installed if it rains or any other weather conditions. I would like to keep out as much water as possible. What do you guys recommend? I do like the look of the trektop, but not sure how long that would take to install and take down each time.

dbdevil4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2010, 10:14 PM   #2
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Brand new factory soft tops come up on ebay quite often!
People get the dual tops and decide that its to much trouble
They are usually never used and come with all of the hardware. I've seen them sell for as little as $400.
Good luck and Welcome to the Club

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2010, 05:36 AM   #3
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Trektop is nice- but it is a PITA to get on. Not something you can do quickly. However, you don't need to remove the entire top. You can just roll back the front section- it has little straps to hold it when rolled back. Now if you do that, it can roll back in place pretty quickly.

The Off Road Heroes top is also pretty much the same way, except you roll it to the front instead of the back.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2010, 06:18 AM   #4
daggo66
2009 JK Wrangler 

X2 on the factory sunrider. There is one onmthe Baltimore CL right now for $500.
Unread 06-18-2010, 09:59 AM   #5
dbdevil4
2007 JK Wrangler 

Would a Brief Top work for what I am looking to do?
Unread 06-18-2010, 10:22 AM   #6
cntryboy

I have a 4 door as well. I bought the Pavement Ends 4 door JK Emergency Top. It's basically heavy nylon raincoat material, but it covers the entire opening and even allows you to drive at lower speeds.
cntryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2010, 10:37 AM   #7
mclaggan123
jeepaholic

2006 LJ Wrangler 

do you plan on selling the hardtop? if so i have a factory softtop that i would be willing to trade plus some cash. let me know. i live in va beach.

2006 Rubicon unlimited, silver. 5.5" long arm lift. 35" BFG KM2's on 15" black steelies. skidrow steering skid and radiator skid . LOD rear bumper with tire carrier. Flowmaster 44 exhaust. .CB with tuffy Overhead storage . Offroad lights in bumpers front and rear plus 2 more on the winch hoop.
mclaggan123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2010, 11:15 AM   #8
slimtim454
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC08JK View Post
People get the dual tops and decide that its to much trouble
So true. I just found one for sale in my neck of the woods. The only problem is that my Sport is black and the top is Khaki. I suppose a khaki top on a black sport would look kind of neat
slimtim454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #9
dbdevil4
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaggan123 View Post
do you plan on selling the hardtop? if so i have a factory softtop that i would be willing to trade plus some cash. let me know. i live in va beach.
Thanks for the offer, but I plan on keeping it and using it for the colder months

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.