Top 3 must have JK mods? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Top 3 must have JK mods?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 08-22-2010, 04:40 PM   #1
KJNewbs
1983 CJ7 

Top 3 must have JK mods?

I've got a '10 Sahara 2dr, manual - stock across the boards. I'm looking for everyone's thoughts on what to do right away before joining a local club and getting into the trails? Thanks for your help....

KJNewbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2010, 04:43 PM   #2
frankie945
2008 JK Wrangler 

Wheel spacers if you plan on keep the stock rims.
Unread 08-22-2010, 04:54 PM   #3
snobank
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie945 View Post
Wheel spacers if you plan on keep the stock rims.
Not trying to hijack thread just curious as to why wheel spacers?
snobank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2010, 05:01 PM   #4
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

first and foremost, you should find out if your club requires you to bring anything ie, recovery gear, cb radio, trail flag...
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2010, 05:02 PM   #5
frankie945
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobank View Post
Not trying to hijack thread just curious as to why wheel spacers?
If you put don't put spacers on the stock rims with larger tires they will rub. And Your sway links will rub too after you lift it.

I think spacers even make a stock JK look good, it sets the tires out where they should be.Gets rid of the mail man jeep effect.
Unread 08-22-2010, 05:19 PM   #6
KJNewbs
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
first and foremost, you should find out if your club requires you to bring anything ie, recovery gear, cb radio, trail flag...
Yeah - I'm working on that list now....but it doesn't comment on any vehicle specific mods - list is more like CB, fire extinguisher, spare tire...etc.
Unread 08-22-2010, 05:22 PM   #7
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Well I'd make sure you had good recovery points. I don't think you wanna get your jeep pulled out by it's axle.

Also what type of terrain?
Unread 08-22-2010, 05:22 PM   #8
allibaster
2013 JK Wrangler 

It all depends on what you are going to use it for. There is no universal "Top 3" list.
Unread 08-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #9
krutj
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin;10002290[B
]Well I'd make sure you had good recovery points. [/B] I don't think you wanna get your jeep pulled out by it's axle.

Also what type of terrain?
Most clubs require this......^^

I also agree, no top three, more like top 100.....especially if you count all the little things. Straps, winch, jack, tools(this is easily a 50) and it goes on...

Just start....
Unread 08-22-2010, 05:45 PM   #10
KJNewbs
1983 CJ7 

You guys make a great point...Let me elaborate and see if it helps narrow it down. This Jeep is going to be my every day vehicle, but I'd like to be able to double it as a fun weekend trail type car. I don't have specific terrain in mind yet - but last week I went riding through sand dunes and trails and it was awesome....I guess i've got the itch now...just not sure where to start. *Regarding recovery points - I've got what came stock...2 off the front bumber and 1 off the rear.
Unread 08-22-2010, 05:50 PM   #11
Warlord2
2007 JK Wrangler 

evap canister relocation kit, diff covers, and a oil pan skid plate. If you dont ride with a group then a winch would be my next mod.
07 JK 2D X model with 6 speeds. Full Traction 3" ultimate lift kit. 315x75x16 Toyo Open Country M/T on Rock crawler procomp rim. Ruby dana44's front sleeved inside/outside C truss and rear with 5.13's gears. Homemade rock guards, rear bumper w/tire carrier, oilpan/tranny skid, evap canister skid, light bar, switch pod. Riddler diff covers, Cobra 75 w/wilson antenna, Polk speakers, 10" sub, 2x Amps, Lightforce 240 drive light, backup lights, rock lights.
Warlord2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2010, 05:56 PM   #12
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord2 View Post
evap canister relocation kit, diff covers, and a oil pan skid plate. If you dont ride with a group then a winch would be my next mod.
If he's doing sand and trails, I don't think the armor will help much, especially in the sand.
Unread 08-22-2010, 05:59 PM   #13
g4x4xgeoff
1994 YJ Wrangler 

first and foremost most clubs require:

front and rear recovery points
cb radio
tow strap (no metal hooks)

after that, put together a recovery/trail tool kit.

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/ri-jeeps/[/url]

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #435[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
g4x4xgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2010, 06:00 PM   #14
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJNewbs View Post
You guys make a great point...Let me elaborate and see if it helps narrow it down. This Jeep is going to be my every day vehicle, but I'd like to be able to double it as a fun weekend trail type car. I don't have specific terrain in mind yet - but last week I went riding through sand dunes and trails and it was awesome....I guess i've got the itch now...just not sure where to start. *Regarding recovery points - I've got what came stock...2 off the front bumber and 1 off the rear.
I go back to my original post. See what the club wants you to have and take it from there. Jeeps are capable out of the box. Go wheeling and see what you think you need. Maybe seat covers and mats if you "really need" to purchase something.
Unread 08-22-2010, 06:00 PM   #15
KJNewbs
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
If he's doing sand and trails, I don't think the armor will help much, especially in the sand.
Sand was just where it started for me...I Live in the midwest now, so my beach exposure will be limited to summer vacation....I guess I don't really have any one type of terrain in mind....too new to have a real clue, but now i'm itching to learn and ride.

Tags
JK Wrangler , mod's , suggested modifications , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.