Too tall for garage - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Too tall for garage

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 11-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #121
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

I learned to list address as a business when using FedEx. The rates are cheaper and I get my stuff by 11am instead of 5pm.

Re-inventing the circle and straight line.
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #122
Tragyn
Registered LUser

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTrails View Post
I learned to list address as a business when using FedEx. The rates are cheaper and I get my stuff by 11am instead of 5pm.
When I lived closer to the border I just had them ship to a PO and picked it up myself.
Tragyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 05:51 PM   #123
Tragyn
Registered LUser

2011 JK Wrangler 

Trackbar made an appearance. I think I'll pick up a couple tools tomorrow and start the install when I've got a few days off, so probably the 25th.

I found this which should be pretty helpful: http://www.wanderingtrail.com/Mods/J...Kstockmod.html

Assumptions usually get me in trouble....but can I assume I don't need to extend anything (brake lines) since I'm lowering?

I'll take a look later, but shouldn't the previous owner have installed a new trackbar and bracket already for his much lift?
Unread 11-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #124
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

I "assume" (LOL), that no, you will not need to extend anything since you are lowering your Jeep. Cue Star Trek intro monologue "to boldly go where no man has gone before..." (Lowering a Jeep).

Someone at RK needs to hire this guy who put together those installation instructions!! Those look fantastic compared to what I had to work with.
Re-inventing the circle and straight line.
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #125
STORM_JK
2013 JK Wrangler 

If ever you need help installing the lift let me know, I'm in Rockland and have a BUNCH of tools (mechanic) and a set of spring compressors. Just PM me or even post up on the Ottawa Jeep Club Facebook page and see if we can make a gathering of this one of a kind 2.5" JK lowering kit haha Oh and if you want a steel stubby bumper w/ stigner I have one built in my garage, just sayin... lol
Unread 11-21-2013, 08:34 PM   #126
Tragyn
Registered LUser

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORM_JK View Post
If ever you need help installing the lift let me know, I'm in Rockland and have a BUNCH of tools (mechanic) and a set of spring compressors. Just PM me or even post up on the Ottawa Jeep Club Facebook page and see if we can make a gathering of this one of a kind 2.5" JK lowering kit haha Oh and if you want a steel stubby bumper w/ stigner I have one built in my garage, just sayin... lol
Sent ya a PM!

I have a bunch of hand tools but no power tools. Everything on my motorcycle can be done by hand with enough effort.
Unread 11-22-2013, 07:44 AM   #127
STORM_JK
2013 JK Wrangler 

Didnt get the PM, if you have a compressor were set. Otherwise i have a 1/2" plug in impact
Unread 11-22-2013, 09:55 AM   #128
Tragyn
Registered LUser

2011 JK Wrangler 

Weird. I'll just post here rather than risk the PM not going through.

I would definitely appreciate the help. I'm only used to working on motorcycles and the 3 hour job or so would turn into a multi-day event for me.

I was debating whether I wanted to tackle it myself (after picking up some extra tools), or just use that money to pay a shop to do it.

If you're still willing to give it a go, let me know when is a good time for ya, what beer you like, and how much your time is worth!

I unfortunately had to leave my compressor behind when I was posted.
Unread 11-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #129
STORM_JK
2013 JK Wrangler 

No need for a shop to do it. Pretty straight forward install. Just get some torque specs for the bolts. Ill try to fit my home compressor in the heep since itll be MUCH easier with air tools, especially the air ratchet lol

Did you have all the parts? I MIGHT be able to this weekend just gotta dbl check.

Heineken would be one of my top choices and for labour dont worry about it
Unread 11-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #130
Tragyn
Registered LUser

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
No need for a shop to do it. Pretty straight forward install. Just get some torque specs for the bolts. Ill try to fit my home compressor in the heep since itll be MUCH easier with air tools, especially the air ratchet lol

Did you have all the parts? I MIGHT be able to this weekend just gotta dbl check.

Heineken would be one of my top choices and for labour dont worry about it
I found a detailed set of instructions with all the specs so that's solved. I'm going to see if I can find a torque wrench on sale; mine's not big enough.

As for parts, I have the four new springs, the antisway links with all hardware, the relocation bracket, and the trackbar. That should be everything!

I would certainly come to you in order to simplify all this; then you wouldn't have to move anything around.

I work 10PM - 6AM tonight, Saturday, and Sunday, so if you've got the time to help me tackle it during the day during that time, that would be awesome. If not, it can certainly wait until it's convenient for you!
Unread 11-22-2013, 01:59 PM   #131
STORM_JK
2013 JK Wrangler 

Im off at 5pm durinf the week and dont work weekends. Just gotta possibly meet someone who wants a dbl cardan front shaft be he might meet me. How big of an area do you have to work? Could do it a my place but there is a little lack of room.

Dont worry about the torque wrench I have a 50-250lbs Snap-On 1/2".

Also depends on weather dont really want to be working in rain lol

Ill bring my tools just in case anyhow.
Unread 11-22-2013, 03:53 PM   #132
Tragyn
Registered LUser

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Im off at 5pm durinf the week and dont work weekends. Just gotta possibly meet someone who wants a dbl cardan front shaft be he might meet me. How big of an area do you have to work? Could do it a my place but there is a little lack of room.

Dont worry about the torque wrench I have a 50-250lbs Snap-On 1/2".

Also depends on weather dont really want to be working in rain lol

Ill bring my tools just in case anyhow.
I'm in a parking garage so horizontal space is plentiful, but vertical space, however, not so much. But there should still be enough room to lift the jeep.

And I hear ya about the rain...
Unread 11-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #133
STORM_JK
2013 JK Wrangler 

Might be better off just doing it here (rockland). Could just set it up on jackstand in the garage to be out of the rain. My mother will be wondering what im doing this time but w.e. i've already morphed the garage into a fabbing shop haha
Unread 11-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #134
Tragyn
Registered LUser

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Might be better off just doing it here (rockland). Could just set it up on jackstand in the garage to be out of the rain. My mother will be wondering what im doing this time but w.e. i've already morphed the garage into a fabbing shop haha
Whatever works best for you!

Also, I'm available from 8AM - 8PM Saturday and Sunday, and any time from 8AM Sunday until Thursday. So whatever fits your schedule best works for me!
Unread 11-22-2013, 07:44 PM   #135
STORM_JK
2013 JK Wrangler 

Sent you a PM. Hope it works

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.