Too tall for garage - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Too tall for garage

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 11-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #136
Tragyn
Registered LUser

2011 JK Wrangler 

So the Jeep finally fits in the garage! Unfortunately it only got to go in for a few minutes as I had to go to work immediately.

Wouldn't have happened without Storm_JK. I was going to try the install myself...glad he stepped in and offered his help. I would have been in a world of hurt if I tried to tackle this job with the lack of knowledge and tools. Rather than him helping me, he pretty much did everything while I stood there with wrenches and flashlights...but I think I've learned a couple things now.

Should have some before/after pics in the next day or two...then a picture with the new stinger bumper, right? Haha.

Tragyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2013, 10:57 PM   #137
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragyn
Whoever actually arranged shipment (either the seller or through RK) used UPS as a courier. UPS is notorious for excessive COD's. USPS and FedEx don't have that problem. I guess in the future I'll have to request they use a different courier, assuming they're able to. But the missing trackbar has to be a RK problem. And now I can't install my lift kit. And I'll probably have to wait a few more weeks and pay even more COD to get it.. They responded WRT the trackbar. Supposedly it's separated during shipment and will arrive today. That seems strange.
The last time I had something shipped to Canada by FEDX we got hosed with brokerage fees and taxes. The best is to have the parcel delivered to a border depot and go over to the US and pick it up yourself. Northridge 4x4 is about the only one that can bypass the border charges.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2013, 06:26 AM   #138
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragyn View Post
So the Jeep finally fits in the garage! Unfortunately it only got to go in for a few minutes as I had to go to work immediately.

Wouldn't have happened without Storm_JK. I was going to try the install myself...glad he stepped in and offered his help. I would have been in a world of hurt if I tried to tackle this job with the lack of knowledge and tools. Rather than him helping me, he pretty much did everything while I stood there with wrenches and flashlights...but I think I've learned a couple things now.

Should have some before/after pics in the next day or two...then a picture with the new stinger bumper, right? Haha.
Gotta love the Jeep community! Way to go, Storm_JK! :high five:
Glad to hear there is a happy ending to your plight. Hope to see pics, soon.
"Don't give up 5 minutes before the miracle occurs."
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #139
STORM_JK
2013 JK Wrangler 

Glad I could help Matt! Getting that bumper painted for ya as we speak!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.