TnT Adventure Series 2013 JKU Build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > TnT Adventure Series 2013 JKU Build

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #16
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

riverRaider has an evap skid that also holds a 2.5gal air tank.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #17
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast
riverRaider has an evap skid that also holds a 2.5gal air tank.
For 07-11
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #18
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjw View Post
For 07-11
I didn't catch that.

06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Unread 08-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #19
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast

I didn't catch that.
I looked at that skid before, that's why I knew.

I was going to relocate the evap can, run the Afe high tuck exhaust with muffler in that spot and put a tank in place of the factory muffler. But AFE has treated me horribly with their y pipe that didn't fit 2012 manual transmissions. It took them over a year and many many complaints to finally acknowledge the issue despite many emails, calls and pictures. Finally they came up with a new part, and over three weeks of emails and phone calls (after denial last 14 months ago) and them trying to charge me even more, they are finally sending me the new part. Lol. They finally are making it right but not without major headaches.

Anyway I'm considering a different exhaust and a 2-3 gallon tank under the rear end myself. I have a q89 air compressor they airs up my 35s pretty well but would love to have a tank. I'm just not sure if any of the mass marketed compressor mounts will fit the q89 under the hood....
Unread 08-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #20
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Out of curiosity, what did you pay for the aev coils? I've sent several emails to them inquiring about individual components and recommendations with my heavier top and never received a single response from them.
Unread 08-16-2013, 09:49 AM   #21
TnTCustoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjw View Post
Out of curiosity, what did you pay for the aev coils? I've sent several emails to them inquiring about individual components and recommendations with my heavier top and never received a single response from them.
It's my understanding that AEV doesn't normally sell coils by themselves to the general public. You would likely need to talk to one of their distributors to get coils only. They sell for around $190 - $200 per pair so $400 or so for front and rear coils.
Unread 08-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #22
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTCustoms

It's my understanding that AEV doesn't normally sell coils by themselves to the general public. You would likely need to talk to one of their distributors to get coils only. They sell for around $190 - $200 per pair so $400 or so for front and rear coils.
You can buy them from AEV directly for 193$ a pair

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 09:29 PM   #23
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

^ +1, I bought the AEV coils on my LJ directly from them.

Unread 08-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #24
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Hmm. I guess they just suck at email. Since I have the heavier j30 pop up and often carry a lot of camping gear, the rear sometimes sits just a little lower than the front. In trying to decide if it makes more sense to run a 4.5" coil in the rear or use a 1/2"-1" spacer in the back. Seems like the longer coil would be less likely to bind up under compression. But that's a different discussion for another thread so, thanks for the info.

Jeep build looks sweet, continue on!
Unread 08-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #25
TnTCustoms

My last rig had a Swaylock on it and I loved it so the JK got the same treatment.

Rear axle got a TNT HD Trackbar mount

Noticed I neglected to include pics of the TNT Gen II Adventure Steps.

Final progress was made quickly as the Jeep needed to be done for an event. Here's some pics of the finished rig. The rear bumper is a prototyped piece designed to compliment aftermarket aftermarket flat-style flares.

My favorite pic

Unread 08-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #26
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Yumm.. Great taste in this rig. Love that front bumper too

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.