TnT Adventure Series 2013 JKU Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > TnT Adventure Series 2013 JKU Build

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings Blast

Unread 07-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #1
TnTCustoms

TnT Adventure Series 2013 JKU Build

We've got a 2013 Commando Green JK Unlimited build in the works although this one's a bit tamer than previous JK builds. This ones being built with our Adventure Series theme being that itís going to be used as a daily driver and weekend wheeler.

The plan....

TnT goodies...
Midwidth Aluminum Front bumper
Vacuum Pump Relocator
New! Gen II Adventure Series Rock Sliders w/ boatsides
Aluminum Bellypan System
Evap Relocation Kit
Brakeline Relocators
Prototype Mid-Width Rear Bumper
Rear Tire Carrier w/ RotoPax Carrier
Rock-Tek Adjustable Short Arms
JK Dana 44 Front Axle Truss
Heavy Duty Rear Trackbar Mount

The rest of the goodies....

Swap the front 30 for a 44
35 Spline ARB's Front and Rear
35 Spline RCV's front and rear
5.13 Gears
Swaylock Swaybar
Bushwacker "Flat Fender" Flares
3.5" AEV Coils
Bilstein Shocks
ARB Twin Compressor
JKS Trackbars
Warn Winch
HIDX Lights
Spidertrax Wheel Spacers
37" Mickey Thompson MTZ on powdercoated factory wheels

Unread 07-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #2
TnTCustoms

We got to work installing some of the items that could be done on the ground, first off being the TnT Aluminum Mid-width front bumper which utilizes a steel winch tray with integrated recovery points and an aluminum shell.

Winch tray...

With Aluminum skin installed..

As many of you know, there is not a lot of room for mounting even a small air compressor let on ARB's Twin Compressor in your JK.

This compressor will fit nicely in the storage compartment in the back though.

Only downside is in order to access the mounting bolts for the compressor the muffler and corresponding heat shield have to be removed. To remove the muffler youhave to loosen the exhaust clamp then undo the exhaust hangers on either side, a prybar and little WD40 to lube them up makes this an easy task. The heat shield is held in by 4 stamped nuts so it's easily removed

Locating the mounting bracket.

Manifold in place and still have room for an air hose
Unread 07-26-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Like the ARB mount, subscribed

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #4
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthy-beast View Post
like the arb mount, subscribed
+1

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #5
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Great another vendor build, I like following these to see all the goodies and mods you guys do. I also like the fact that youíre going to be building a down to earth Jeep that most of us can relate too.

Have a question though concerning the way you are mounting the air compressor. Are you just using bolts and nuts and if so why? Since it is an ordeal to get to the nuts then why not use steel nutserts in the tub so you can avoid removing the muffler and whatnot just for a simple install.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2013, 11:58 PM   #6
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Subbed

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2013, 10:31 AM   #7
TnTCustoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
Great another vendor build, I like following these to see all the goodies and mods you guys do. I also like the fact that youíre going to be building a down to earth Jeep that most of us can relate too.

Have a question though concerning the way you are mounting the air compressor. Are you just using bolts and nuts and if so why? Since it is an ordeal to get to the nuts then why not use steel nutserts in the tub so you can avoid removing the muffler and whatnot just for a simple install.
The could have been an option but the compressor mount comes with threaded bungs already welded to it that would either need to be drilled out or removed. I maybe have 30 minutes tied up in removing and reinstalling the muffler.

About to head out of town for a bit so there will be no updates for a week or so but here's some pics of the compressor plumbed in. Eventually we'll route a line to mount the air chuck externally of the compartment for easier access. We ran the stainless steel ARB lines out the side.

Time for the Bushwackers

Unread 07-31-2013, 11:07 AM   #8
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTCustoms View Post
The could have been an option but the compressor mount comes with threaded bungs already welded to it that would either need to be drilled out or removed. I maybe have 30 minutes tied up in removing and reinstalling the muffler.

About to head out of town for a bit so there will be no updates for a week or so but here's some pics of the compressor plumbed in. Eventually we'll route a line to mount the air chuck externally of the compartment for easier access. We ran the stainless steel ARB lines out the side.
Fair enough and either way it’s a nice setup with it tucked away out of the elements. Hurry up and get back, you got me wanting to see more mods on this build.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #9
TnTCustoms

Rear flares installed. The install wasn't bad and they are actually stouter than I expected. You'll notice the TNT short arms are in as well as are the AEV 3.5 coils and AEV/Bilstein shocks.

Rear 35 Spline ARB and Yukon 5.13's Forgot to get pics of the shafts before they were installed. ARB should have came out with black covers along time ago, IMO they are way sexier than the red ones

Front axle, truss'd, locked and loaded with 35 spline RCV front shafts.
Unread 08-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #10
David_M

2013 JK Wrangler 

Nice! Interested to hear feed back on the 5.13 gears with 37" tires. Maybe I missed it but is this a Auto or 6 speed stick?

David M
Unread 08-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #11
TnTCustoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_M View Post
Nice! Interested to hear feed back on the 5.13 gears with 37" tires. Maybe I missed it but is this a Auto or 6 speed stick?

David M
It's the auto.
Unread 08-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #12
duneslider
2007 JK Wrangler 

I like your compressor mount, I was thinking about doing that with mine but was worried about it overheating in there, do you think that will be a concern? Is there enought air flow into that compartment for the compressor?

I have had a hard time deciding where to mount my compressor for my air lockers.
duneslider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #13
TnTCustoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by duneslider View Post
I like your compressor mount, I was thinking about doing that with mine but was worried about it overheating in there, do you think that will be a concern? Is there enought air flow into that compartment for the compressor?

I have had a hard time deciding where to mount my compressor for my air lockers.
Heat isn't an issue when running the lockers. Airing up tires on the other hand........We have this compressor set up like this in another JK and when you air up tires you need to keep the "hatch open" or at least crack it open if possible otherwise it gets hot enough you can't touch it. I may try to figure out a way to put some sore of vent in the cover since opening the cover may not always be an option depending on how much stuff is loaded in the Jeep.
Unread 08-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #14
duneslider
2007 JK Wrangler 

Do you have an air tank too to go with it? I was going to run the smaller compressor and put a 2.5gal tank somewhere to help out.

I have seen people put a little sub in that area and they vented the lid for that, basically cut some holes in it and then put a screen/fabric material over the holes. It was hard to notice the holes unless you looked but the holes weren't big enough to really destroy the structure so it would still hold weight.
duneslider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #15
TnTCustoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by duneslider View Post
Do you have an air tank too to go with it? I was going to run the smaller compressor and put a 2.5gal tank somewhere to help out.

I have seen people put a little sub in that area and they vented the lid for that, basically cut some holes in it and then put a screen/fabric material over the holes. It was hard to notice the holes unless you looked but the holes weren't big enough to really destroy the structure so it would still hold weight.
No air tank, ARB sells one but it's fairly small so the compressor would still be running most of the time. A 2.5 would reduce some of the load but I'm not sure where I'd put it although I've heard of guys relocating the muffler and putting one there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.