tj bumper on jk - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > tj bumper on jk

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 02-26-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
pnk
2007 JK Wrangler 

tj bumper on jk

Ok dudes got a bumper given to me. It's a tj stinger bumper but I have a jk. Now before I just pitch it to a buddy of mine is it possible to put on the jk without too many headaches. Keep in mind I don't have much of a fabrication back ground.

pnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
jrallen
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Nope.
jrallen is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #3
awinski
2012 JK Wrangler 

depending on how its setup. could be easy, could be frustrating. the jk mounts with front holes. youd have to do some drilling, but i imagine that should be the extent of it.
Unread 02-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #4
thedirtman

2007 JK Wrangler 

Should not be a problem if you have any fab skills.
Unread 02-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #5
pnk
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
depending on how its setup. could be easy, could be frustrating. the jk mounts with front holes. youd have to do some drilling, but i imagine that should be the extent of it.
So were talking a few holes to be drilled and maybe a plate or two to be able to put it on rather easy.
Unread 02-26-2013, 08:56 PM   #6
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

I think the JK's frame rails are significantly wider than a TJ's. For it to work and be solid, you would have to modify the mounting to accommodate width. You would probably have to also eliminate the JK's crush cans. Neither modification is a big deal, but if you don't have a welding machine, torch, saw, and grinder then you are SOL.
Unread 02-27-2013, 03:18 AM   #7
awinski
2012 JK Wrangler 

lets get a pic of the bumper, and some measurements, thatll decide ow hard itll be
Unread 02-27-2013, 09:48 PM   #8
pnk
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
lets get a pic of the bumper, and some measurements, thatll decide ow hard itll be
Will try to pull some tomorrow at work. My buddy drives a tj. Told him to bring it tomorrow.
Unread 03-11-2013, 11:20 AM   #9
pnk
2007 JK Wrangler 

Ok so moral of the story is it can be done if you have the fab tools and no how. Unfortunately for me I have neither so the stinger went on his jeep yesterday.
Unread 03-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #10
HISSMAN
2011 JK Wrangler 

I can make a mustang front end fit onto my JK. With enough fabrication anything is possible. The best thing for you to do is get out the tape measure and camera. Measure and take pics of everything and spec out exactly what you think needs to be done in order for it to fit. Once you do that, next come up with at least two other ways of doing it. I have found that it is usually the third way that works best.

-Jeff
HISSMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #11
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HISSMAN View Post
I can make a mustang front end fit onto my JK. With enough fabrication anything is possible. The best thing for you to do is get out the tape measure and camera. Measure and take pics of everything and spec out exactly what you think needs to be done in order for it to fit. Once you do that, next come up with at least two other ways of doing it. I have found that it is usually the third way that works best.

-Jeff
All that and then some, deciding the third way works best is usually right after completing it the second way... or as I used to proudly say - "in the custom world NOTHING fits or looks good until ya f... with it for an hour"

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.