tires tires tires - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > tires tires tires

The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Check out our NEW Steering Stuff!

Unread 01-09-2007, 11:22 PM   #1
bofer84

Location: lakeland florida/ seneca south carolina/tampa florida
tires tires tires

Hey guys, i have a set of the new cooper stt's right now, basically they are the same as the toyo mt. Anyway, a buddy of mine says he thinks that the radial Super Swampers TSLs are just as quiet if not quieter on the road and give better off road performance. what do you guys think, any experence with these tires, i know they are a popular off road tire, but are the radial versions really that quiet on the road??

thanks

bofer84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2007, 04:35 AM   #2
UTAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by bofer84
...a buddy of mine says he thinks that the radial Super Swampers TSLs are just as quiet if not quieter on the road and give better off road performance.
The part about the R-TSL's being great off-road is true. But, TSL tires, even the radial ones, have to be the noisiest tire I've ever experienced. Ever been in a prop-powered Cessna? I swear, my Wrangler with TSL's sounded like an airplane taking off.

Bill
Unread 01-11-2007, 10:23 AM   #3
robsbluerub
2007 JK Wrangler 

Agree with Utah - my son had them on a lifted Cherokee. Very noisy and the wore out really fast. Great offroad though.
robsbluerub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2007, 11:09 AM   #4
nierace
2003 WJ 

They's loud.

The STT's are loud too, but not to that degree, they are somewhat refined, about the same noise level as the MT/R's.
sira4x4.net North East Offroad Club
www.carolinadriveline.com
www.ironrockoffroad.com
kolak@aol.com
nierace is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.