tires sensors question JK - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > tires sensors question JK

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 01-21-2014, 01:54 PM   #16
Original_Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM1964 View Post
Correct they do tell you the pressure of each individual tire. This brings a question to mind and that is are these devices addressed, in other words is the left front sending unit programed to be just that, a left front sending unit. If so what happens when you rotate tires. Are they automatically readdressed to the new location some how.
After a rotation, you usually have to re-learn the sensors. Since I do not have this function in my Jeep, I am not positive but recently on a Ford van I had to do this. It is easy and documented in the owners manual. I imagine Jeep's is not much different. Usually the dealer will do this but if you rotate your own you will have to do it. In reality, it should not be a concern on our Jeeps since the pressure is suppose to be the same in all four tires. On the Ford van, the rears were 5 lbs higher thus throwing the sensors off when I adjusted the tp accordingly.

Original_Junior is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2014, 01:56 PM   #17
ridesno4llfe
2013 JK Wrangler 

Caught my curiosity. Checked my build sheet and its part of the connectivity group.
Unread 01-21-2014, 01:57 PM   #18
ridesno4llfe
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original_Junior View Post

After a rotation, you usually have to re-learn the sensors. Since I do not have this function in my Jeep, I am not positive but recently on a Ford van I had to do this. It is easy and documented in the owners manual. I imagine Jeep's is not much different. Usually the dealer will do this but if you rotate your own you will have to do it. In reality, it should not be a concern on our Jeeps since the pressure is suppose to be the same in all four tires. On the Ford van, the rears were 5 lbs higher thus throwing the sensors off when I adjusted the tp accordingly.
It is posted around that the jeeps just have to be driven to relearn. No dealer or tpms tool required.
Unread 01-21-2014, 02:39 PM   #19
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

We were talking about the AEVPM and it doesn't tell you the individual tire pressure--the jeep ECU does if it's not disabled !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridesno4llfe View Post
They do on the 2013 and up
JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2014, 03:04 PM   #20
BruceM1964
2013 JK Wrangler 

The premium "tire pressure monitoring system" does tell you the individual tire pressures, it shows up in the EVIC.
BruceM1964 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2014, 06:58 PM   #21
JKinBlack
2014 JK Wrangler 

My Rubicon X does tell individual pressures. I have also switched out my stock wheels / sensors for aftermarket wheels / aftermarket sensors. I paid $20 each for sensors on Amazon. I took the rims / tires / and sensors to the shop and had them mounted and balanced. Brought them home and put them on my Rubi. By the time I backed down the driveway into the road to go for a test spin, the low pressure light had already gone out and all 4 pressures were showing in the EVIC.
JKinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2014, 09:03 PM   #22
Demp
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridesno4llfe View Post
It is posted around that the jeeps just have to be driven to relearn. No dealer or tpms tool required.
Correct, after rotation it may take a few miles but they will correct themselves.

Same goes for a low pressure trigger, sometimes it takes a few miles to stop bugging you.

As others said I believe the EVIC is required to see the pressure, otherwise you only get the warning light if something is wrong.
Demp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.