post #16 of Old 07-27-2013, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Breitling
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientspear View Post
LOL yeah those fancy vehicle cold weather labs don't stand up to the cold spells you guys have had. Nothing like fuel injectors freezing up on the highway!
How cold it should be? I use to drive while -25C to -30C in Quebec with nothing special installed on my Grand Cherokee that time.

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, hardtop, white, duratracs, tons of mopar parts
2012 Mercedes Benz C350 coupe, white
post #17 of Old 07-27-2013, 07:51 PM
ancientspear
2013 JK Wrangler 

They get milder winters than we do in Winnipeg but their record lows are ridiculous in comparison. Think -46*C before windchill takes it lower . Vehicle testing engineers can say all they want about simulated test environments but odd things occur in real world conditions.
post #18 of Old 07-27-2013, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Breitling
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
They get milder winters than we do in Winnipeg but their record lows are ridiculous in comparison. Think -46*C before windchill takes it lower . Vehicle testing engineers can say all they want about simulated test environments but odd things occur in real world conditions.
Yes this is brutal, I belive gasoline become jelly in such temperture. Warm garage helps? Must be fun, I like real winter as well as real summer ...

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, hardtop, white, duratracs, tons of mopar parts
2012 Mercedes Benz C350 coupe, white
post #19 of Old 07-27-2013, 10:19 PM
AlbertaJeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Oh agreed definitely. I never want to be in Winnipeg in winter! Northern Alberta can get pretty brutal though. And the days in Edmonton I was referring to I believe were -53 with the wind. We were tied with a weather station in Siberia for those ones!