Tire Warranty - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Tire Warranty

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 01-13-2007, 03:59 PM   #1
Egmont
Recent Convert & Love It

Tire Warranty

I have some info which some of you may find helpful.

I read on another forum a day or so from a member that had trouble getting service on a tire, it was a Firestone/Bridgestone tire. The gentleman was very upset and rightfully so.

Here is the info I have:

It is true there is no warranty of any kind from Jeep or Firestone and they will not accept defect as a reason for failure and also, forget for them to call higher ups, they will not get anywhere.

What your Jeep dealer should have told you is that you can purchase Road Hazard protection from any Firestone dealer for as long as the mileage is less than 5000 miles.
The cost is a percentage of the replacement cost of the tire. Keep in mind this is Road Hazard only, not usage. I also understand that Firestone is the only tire company that offers that policy.

The reason I know this is that my son is a service manager at a regional Firestone dealer. As soon as I get my UX, next week I hope, I will get the policy.

I hope this will help someone here; I will also post this on other forums.

Egmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2007, 04:21 PM   #2
PGBronco10
2011 WK 

according to the BFGoodrich website, all their tires are covered for 6 years or the life of the tread (whichever comes first) against defects in workmanship etc. even though this isnt an insurance policy like mentioned above it is something. i guess BFGs only come on rubis though, right?

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfgap...e_warranty.jsp
PGBronco10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2007, 05:14 PM   #3
Egmont
Recent Convert & Love It

I think warranties are issued by the seller not the manufacture. The manufacture backs the seller and Jeep, the seller, does not give a warranty.
Egmont is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.