Tire Sensor driving me bonkers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Tire Sensor driving me bonkers

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 02-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
Nomorerover

Tire Sensor driving me bonkers

Just got a nice '08 JKU with with a 4" skyjacker suspension lift over 305/60r18 Nitto Terra Grapplers. I've been running 35# of air and the &%*$%# tire sensor just keeps blinking and bonging. I've checked the pressures with several different guages and while the all vary a pound or two all the tires read the same on each guage. Is there a way to disable the sensor system? Is there an app for that?

Nomorerover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

AEV Procal will disable it.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2013, 10:23 PM   #3
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Did you change wheels? If so, do they have sensors? either case, Yes, the AEV Procal will adjust or turn off the TPMS.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2013, 06:40 AM   #4
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

What they said + all the other useful functions like recalibrating the speedo for the tire size and more.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #5
Jiblet
2008 JK Wrangler 

flashing means the sensor is bad.
Jiblet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #6
jstrubberg
2009 JK Wrangler 

If they are on aftermarket wheels, 90% chance you have no TPMS sensors.
jstrubberg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #7
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

This is the AEV ProCal everybody talks about. Well worth the money!
http://www.aev-conversions.com/shop/...al-module.html
"Don't give up 5 minutes before the miracle occurs."
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2013, 12:30 AM   #8
kgginslc
2006 LJ Wrangler 

So, does the low pressure alarm just sound once, and then leave you alone (I could live with that), or does it sound continuously until you remedy the situation?
kgginslc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2013, 12:49 AM   #9
MeatCurtains
2012 JK Wrangler 

The low pressure alarm rings once and just stays lit. If it is blinking the sensors didn't get transferred over to the new wheels and you can disable it, or go get your original wheels back and have the sensors put on the new stems
MeatCurtains is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #10
kgginslc
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatCurtains View Post
The low pressure alarm rings once and just stays lit. If it is blinking the sensors didn't get transferred over to the new wheels and you can disable it, or go get your original wheels back and have the sensors put on the new stems
Thanks - I think I can ignore it if the tone just sounds once and then the light stays on. I'm not getting new wheels - just thinking about airing down when I go off road.
kgginslc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #11
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

same thing happened to me sensor stayed on kept checking the tires no go -- finaly I took it to the dealer it was the spare tire that was low I felt like a dumb ***
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.