Tire pressure light wont turn off - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Tire pressure light wont turn off

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 05-30-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
Aidan_G

Tire pressure light wont turn off

So I recently swapped out my stock 2012 JK Wrangler tires for the Rubicons BFGoodrich mud tires and rims and now my tire pressure light will not turn off. Any suggestions? Also, with these new tires I have noticed my speedometer is roughly 3mph over the displayed speed at 30mph and at 60mph its 5mph over. Is there a possible home fix I could to correct this, or should I take it into a shop to have it readjusted?

Aidan_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #2
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Buy the aev procal or superchips and adjust your new tire size to correct the speedo and disable the TPMS. Or install new TPMS in your new tires. Welcome to the forum and you might want to read the frequently asked questions and learn to use the search feature. Goodluck

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 07:41 PM   #3
SteveBad
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanimal View Post
Welcome to the forum and you might want to read the frequently asked questions and learn to use the search feature. Goodluck
Subtle!
Unread 05-30-2013, 07:41 PM   #4
Magatetzz
1999 TJ Wrangler 

If the actual TPMS sensors did infact get swapped over, you should be able to reprogram the computer to change the parameters for the light. But if the sensors did not get switched over you will only be able to disable the light entirely.

Best gas milage from my Jeep to date: The time I pushed it across the lot at work.
Magatetzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 08:11 PM   #5
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBad View Post
Subtle!
I figured it's a much better approach than my original approach of scolding newcomers

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #6
Jiblet
2008 JK Wrangler 

As mentioned above, assuming the original sensors were put into the new rims, you may have to drive over 15 mph for up to 20 minutes. Might be shorter, but the sensor signals are sent only periodically so you have to hit the reading right. Make sure all the tires are aired up plenty, including the spare and go for a nice drive.
Jiblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 07:48 AM   #7
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Getta AEV Procal Module ($149)-

You'll be able to useit for a multitude of different options that'll be useful to operating your jeep, especially after you make whatever mods you want--

Especially resetting the TPMS sys, or disabling it !

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.