TIPM Recall and Wipers? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > TIPM Recall and Wipers?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe ALL NEW Factor 55 ProLink Winch Shackle Mounts availabFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-01-2008, 02:54 PM   #1
tebone77

TIPM Recall and Wipers?

Last week the wipers on our '07 Wrangler refused to go off. My husband has to pull the fuse to get them off and then put it in if he needs them on.
We took it in today for the G40 recall (never got anything on the G25 TIPM), asked them to check the wipers.
The dealership called and said the entire TIPM needs to be replaced for $612!
Does anyone have any idea what is going on? If the whole thing is bad, why are the wipers the only thing being affected? Is it possible that something else is going on?
Is there a cheaper fix than having the dealership take care of it?
HELP!!

tebone77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2008, 02:57 PM   #2
WVUJeeper
2008 JK Wrangler 

Shouldn't this be a warranty issue if you bought it new? Perhaps the dealership needs to be coerced into doing the work.
BTW, what's with the "if you haven't driven one shut up" nonsense? How can we have a good internet fight if experience and knowledge are going to be a requirement?
'08 Rescue Green Unlimited X - Hard Top, 3.73 gears, Limited Slip, Infinity 7 speaker system, KC Slimlite Long Range, Cobra CB, Rough Country 2.5" BB, 35" BFG KM2's on ProComp 7089's. Fenderless and proud!

My build thread: HERE

RESCUE GREEN JEEP CLUB MEMBER #25
COLORADO JEEP CLUB MEMBER # 1001
WVUJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2008, 03:04 PM   #3
Warlord2
2007 JK Wrangler 

wow, I wouldnt pay a dime, that is a warranty issue.
07 JK 2D X model with 6 speeds. Full Traction 3" ultimate lift kit. 315x75x16 Toyo Open Country M/T on Rock crawler procomp rim. Ruby dana44's front sleeved inside/outside C truss and rear with 5.13's gears. Homemade rock guards, rear bumper w/tire carrier, oilpan/tranny skid, evap canister skid, light bar, switch pod. Riddler diff covers, Cobra 75 w/wilson antenna, Polk speakers, 10" sub, 2x Amps, Lightforce 240 drive light, backup lights, rock lights.
Warlord2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2008, 03:09 PM   #4
tebone77

sorry--I should have mentioned that it is out of warranty already
Unread 12-01-2008, 03:17 PM   #5
Warlord2
2007 JK Wrangler 

damn that sux, before I pay that kind of cash I would get a second opinion atleast. If the wipers are the only thing being effect I would just put a switch on the wiper fuse (no joke) and run the switch inside the cab to make it easier then having a swap the fuse every time it rains. How is the warrany gone already? did you buy it used or does it just have a lot of miles on it already?
07 JK 2D X model with 6 speeds. Full Traction 3" ultimate lift kit. 315x75x16 Toyo Open Country M/T on Rock crawler procomp rim. Ruby dana44's front sleeved inside/outside C truss and rear with 5.13's gears. Homemade rock guards, rear bumper w/tire carrier, oilpan/tranny skid, evap canister skid, light bar, switch pod. Riddler diff covers, Cobra 75 w/wilson antenna, Polk speakers, 10" sub, 2x Amps, Lightforce 240 drive light, backup lights, rock lights.
Warlord2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2008, 03:19 PM   #6
tebone77

a lot of miles...highway miles, but plenty of them b/c of a long commute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord2 View Post
damn that sux, before I pay that kind of cash I would get a second opinion atleast. If the wipers are the only thing being effect I would just put a switch on the wiper fuse (no joke) and run the switch inside the cab to make it easier then having a swap the fuse every time it rains. How is the warrany gone already? did you buy it used or does it just have a lot of miles on it already?
Unread 12-01-2008, 04:11 PM   #7
SilvRSpeedX3
2008 JK Wrangler 

i had to have the same thing replaced on mine about a month or 2 ago, wipers would go but no dash lights not running, signal, or break lights and the sensor to unlock the shifter was out so i couldnt pull it out of park
Unread 12-01-2008, 04:25 PM   #8
08BlueSahara
2008 JK Wrangler 

What's a TIPM, where to find recalls/TSBs

I was wondering what TIPM (totally integrated power module) meant and where to find recalls and TSBs.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-tsb-recalls

In case anyone else had the same question.

08BlueSahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2008, 05:13 PM   #9
tebone77

now we picked it up from the dealership and the wipers aren't working AT ALL!! grrrr.....
Unread 07-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #10
Rickyrab
1978 CJ7 

2008 wrangler

Had typical problem with TIPM. Wipers and washer went nuts, just as everyone describes. Ordered TIPM thru Amazon.com for $228.00 including 2 day shipping. Removed old one and installed new one in about 10 minutes. Turned switch on for 20 secnd learn mode, then turned it off for 30 seconds.
Engine cranked up and everything worked perfect with no dealer programming.
Thanks to everyone for their input.
Rickyrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #11
djm
2013 JK Wrangler 

another reason I was comfortable buying the lifetime warranty
djm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 05:28 AM   #12
Rickyrab
1978 CJ7 

TIPM Question

Has anyone had to replace the TIPM more than once or does the aftermarket part fix the problem once and for all?
Rickyrab is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.