tinted half doors for 4 door - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > tinted half doors for 4 door

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 08-20-2010, 09:24 PM   #1
ziggy-the-yj
2010 JK Wrangler 

tinted half doors for 4 door

ok, so i have a 4 door with half doors and a soft top. i found a tinted window kit for it, but it only tinted the rear quarter windows and rear windows. im looking for the hlf door window tinted also. at least the rear set of half door windows, but it the have the front ones thats cool too.

Unread 08-21-2010, 12:04 AM   #2
tavic
2010 JK Wrangler 

Before I had lost my TJ, I had searched for a replacement top with tinted half door windows, but I was never sucessful. In fact I found a few brands that appeared to be tinted in the ads, but they weren't. There has been TJ owners who were sucessful with locating them through Ebay, so you may want to check there.

My '10 Wrangler has the clear rear and side windows and I really wish they were tinted to match the tinted full door windows, but I can't justify with myself to drop the dough for a replacement kit since these windows are perfectly ok. If you search forum, you can find several threads where a "Static Cling" tint has been utlized in the past, but you do run the risk of damaging the tint rather easily when zipping the windows up and down.

I've been toying with the idea of utilizing a black wood stain, clothing dye or food dye since the plastic windows consist of a rather soft plastic. But, I would perfer to test the method on a sacrifical window prior to attempting the process on mine, because the stain/dye may "eat" the plastic. I do remember spotting a few convertibles with plastic windows at the local wrecking yard, so I may stop by to cut me out a test window.
tavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2010, 02:32 PM   #3
99TJSport
2008 JK Wrangler 

I used the static cling tint on my rear upper halves and it's been great. They've been through 2 summers of use now, and look just as good as when it was installed. I was going to buy new ones through the dealer, but they're about $250 ea, and this only cost me about $20, and an hour or so of time. Now it might help that I only run the half doors in the summer, but I'd certainly recommend it as a reasonable solution on the cheap.

Parrothead Jeepers Union #24
99TJSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2010, 02:38 PM   #4
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

You could go to a shop that makes boat covers and have them replace the windows.

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.