time to make a mount for this - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > time to make a mount for this

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-17-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
TJeep32
2009 JK Wrangler 

So the FedEx man just dropped this off to me!

forumrunner_20130417_173331.jpg

Has anyone made a mount for this on the roll cage? Im not spending 80 bucks on one. What do i need? Thanks for the help

Sent from my GS2 using JeepForum

TJeep32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 03:42 PM   #2
Remmy18
2012 JK Wrangler 

YouTube search it. There's good videos on there.
Remmy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Awesome! Personally, I'd throw it in a fire-blanket in the back seat. That's where mine is. See if you can use it! Better yet, get some pics!
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #4
wilywillie
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

If it's a 48", you can buy 2" muffler hangers at the autoparts store, cut a slot in the foam padding, and mount it for about $5. There's a thread called "lets see your Hi-lift mounts....worth a look...

Edit: it's the first sticky thread in "cheap tricks and fixes" in general discussion

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/s...earthquake.jpg
wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 12:40 PM   #5
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywillie View Post
If it's a 48", you can buy 2" muffler hangers at the autoparts store, cut a slot in the foam padding, and mount it for about $5. There's a thread called "lets see your Hi-lift mounts....worth a look...

Edit: it's the first sticky thread in "cheap tricks and fixes" in general discussion
^^^^http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f46/h...cation-229681/
I used the same thing and fit my 60" Hi-Lift across the rear roll bar, just above the tailgate. I took off the pointy tip at the end to make it fit within the soft-top. Cost: about $5. No need to cut a slot in the padding. Just wrap the hangers around the padding. Or buy some U-shaped bolts at Home Depot in the electrical section.
Re-inventing the circle and straight line.
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #6
TJeep32
2009 JK Wrangler 

Thats what i wanted to do is mount it on the roll cage up out of the way. Ill take a look at the thread when i get out of work, thanks guys, ill post pics this weekend when i mount it.

Sent from my GS2 using JeepForum
TJeep32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 10:29 PM   #7
wilywillie
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

By using a narrower clamp, I was able to mount the jack straight to the ends of the u-bolts, with no added hardware (except thumbscrews and lock washers). For my mount, this meant cutting away some padding, so the mounts fit flush around the steel roll bar. It fits inside the bars, but the only issue putting the top down is with the canvas rubbing the base of the jack. I gorilla glued some window trim around it, so it won't accidently tear my top! my $.02

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/s...earthquake.jpg
wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.