Ticking / knocking sound - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Ticking / knocking sound

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #46
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj-rubi View Post
wow

just read the tread. I feel your pain. I have a 3rd warranty company with mine a well. bought it with 11k miles on her.... the dealer talked me into a 3 year unlimited mile warranty. hope i never have to use it. but as in your situationI am sure you are glad it is there.
If the dealer sold you the warranty you shouldn't have the same problems right? I was under the impression he got his somewhere else.

Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2011, 09:16 PM   #47
bajafanatic
2007 JK Wrangler 

THE JK CAME HOME.... I picked up my Jeep today... new motor, the warranty company paid for everything except my deductible and the oil and filter... so my total was under $200.00.....
It is Great to have my JK home...
bajafanatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2011, 07:29 AM   #48
pizzle
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajafanatic View Post
THE JK CAME HOME.... I picked up my Jeep today... new motor, the warranty company paid for everything except my deductible and the oil and filter... so my total was under $200.00.....
Congrats on getting it back home. Must be a relief.

So, did you end up with a "long block" or "short block" replacement?

Good luck with the new engine.
pizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2011, 07:41 AM   #49
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajafanatic View Post
How's it driving now? Glad to hear you finally got things resolved.
2011 Flame Red 2dr Wrangler Rubicon, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Extended Breatherlines, 4' Firefly Antenna, Uniden Pro520xl, Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod Lift, Bilstein 5100's, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn M8000, Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel
wardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2011, 08:16 AM   #50
fernjack
2007 JK Wrangler 

Glad it finally worked out for you ....
Sucks they put you through that stress ....
07' Rubi Unlimited 6spd. , Rescue green #64 CDN , 35x12.5 mudders
Rick .
fernjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2011, 12:05 PM   #51
bajafanatic
2007 JK Wrangler 

they ended up doing a long block... drove it all over this morning... TOPS OFF.... kids, wife and I loved it...

GLAD IT IS HOME....g
bajafanatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 07:50 AM   #52
EMARFNIAM

Jeep Ticking Noise

My jeep is in the shop right now for the same reason. I bought my 2007jeep in 2009 with 19K miles. At 28K the instrument cluster shorted out. At 34K the EGR valve went. Now at 41K I may need a whole new engine. I called Chrysler and they wouldn't help me at all. They said I was passed my 36K warranty. Only 5K miles over the warranty and they wont cover a thing. I am going to be writing some letters to my elected officials in congress and the senate as well as Chrysler. We helped bail them out and this is how they treat their customers?
EMARFNIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #53
EMARFNIAM

Well it's official. With only 41K miles, my jeep needs a new engine. Chrysler sucks....plain and simple. So now I have a paper weight in my garage until I come up with the 6,000 to pay for a new engine. I have been getting all my oil changed at vavoline. I have filled out a claim under their 155K gaurantee. I am hoping that they will cover a cost of this repair. I am sick to my stomach over this.....how can a company that needed tax payer bailout, not stand by their product and not cover this? how can a powertrain warranty only apply to the first buyer. I wish I had never bought this jeep.
EMARFNIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #54
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMARFNIAM
Well it's official. With only 41K miles, my jeep needs a new engine. Chrysler sucks....plain and simple. So now I have a paper weight in my garage until I come up with the 6,000 to pay for a new engine. I have been getting all my oil changed at vavoline. I have filled out a claim under their 155K gaurantee. I am hoping that they will cover a cost of this repair. I am sick to my stomach over this.....how can a company that needed tax payer bailout, not stand by their product and not cover this? how can a powertrain warranty only apply to the first buyer. I wish I had never bought this jeep.
Sorry to hear your problems. I am assuming that you did not get the 7year or lifetime transferable powertrain warranty. The fact that you are over warranty mileage is a concern, but rules are rules and those are the guidelines they have to follow in your case.
A good dealer working on your behalf may have got creative with your mileage in order to cover this. Records of check ups for this issue prior to the 35k would have made a world of difference.
I just wonder what happened to this vehicle in that first 19k before you got it.
Contact Burnsville Offroad or an AEV dealer. They should have a like new engine for reasonable price from their Hemi conversions. On second thought, pick up a used Hemi and the conversion kit yourself.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #55
RB145
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMARFNIAM View Post

Because it was a lifetime powertrain warrenty for the original owner and this warrenty cannot be transfered. If this warrenty were to follow all those vehicles chrysler would need another bailout. maybe you should have had a chrysler service contract which would have covered the engine. I myself would never buy a 3rd party aftermarket warrenty ever under any circumstances. I would be totally and completely shocked if Vavoline covered it, but who knows. The cheapest route would be to find a used engine with low miles. I recently had to have a used engine put in a commander and it was around 4K installed at a dealer. Did they tell you what failed in the engine?
RB145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 11:00 PM   #56
nwpipelayerxj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I'm curious to know what failed also...
nwpipelayerxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 05:08 PM   #57
Neoxxis
2007 JK Wrangler 

I had my engine changed in May 2012.
Found a used engine with 76 000 km from a stock JK in a scrapyard not too far away.
1400$ shipped to my door (1200 tax included + transport) + 500$ installation by a guy/mechanic I know.
We're talking under 2000$ for the swap out...
Not too bad, but the guy said he'd never do that again... (I have anti-rust treatment done under there every 2 years... VERY messy...!)
Unread 07-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #58
herculz
2010 JK Wrangler 

Damn are these engines that delicate? Is it user maintenance that's lacked or just real bad engines. My 2010 has 88k under 3 years and haven't had any huge issues like that. I use royal purple in my jk right after first free oil change when I bought my rubi. Used a few CAI and now just have a snorkel. I've driven it to Denver and looped around to Washington, Oregon, Idaho Ca Arizona, Texas and New Mexico. Had rear pinion seal go out and rear locker but that's about it. Wonder if my knocking I hear in the mornings is just exaust manifold issue.
herculz is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.