Ticking / knocking sound - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Ticking / knocking sound

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 06-28-2011, 07:35 PM   #16
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date!

Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2011, 09:25 PM   #17
bajafanatic
2007 JK Wrangler 

Extended Warranty Company Saga day 7.... the inspector filed his report... heard the noise and recommends an a new short block...
Warranty company tells dealership... the owner needs to be OK with a total tear down and something broken MUST be found or they will not pay... that is right.. MUST...
so, after tearing it down SOMETHING must be found... if not, they will not pay...
AAAHHHHH!!!

So, i called Chrysler and opened a case with them to see what they might do... I will hear from them by end of business tomorrow...

STAY TUNED...
bajafanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2011, 02:08 AM   #18
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

I've heard bad things about those warranty companies, but it's good you have something!
Unread 07-01-2011, 08:44 PM   #19
bajafanatic
2007 JK Wrangler 

... so Chrysler called me today and asked me to take the JK to a different dealership on Tuesday... this dealership will evaluate what they think is wrong and then Chrysler will determine if they will do something to help with the problem... the SAGA continues...
Unread 07-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #20
bajafanatic
2007 JK Wrangler 

Took my JK to the dealer today.... this garage is telling me it is in the valve train.... they other is saying it is a piston noise... AAAAHHHHH......
now waiting for the dealership to contact Chrysler and see what and if they will do anything... should have that answer tomorrow....
All I can say... this is so frustrating, confusing and sad at 37,000 miles...
Unread 07-06-2011, 07:36 AM   #21
MSG
2007 JK Wrangler 

my jeep is a 07 with 37000 miles on it, and it recently started ticking about a month ago...not under warranty anymore.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 08:30 PM   #22
bajafanatic
2007 JK Wrangler 

Dropping my JK off on Monday... Chrysler wants the dealership to pull the right side valve cover and check the valve train...
Unread 07-07-2011, 02:59 PM   #23
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

i suppose if i said "take the card out of the spokes" to bring some levity i'd get ANOTHER pm calling me a jerk.....

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
gsaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 05:24 PM   #24
bajafanatic
2007 JK Wrangler 

Funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsaxe View Post
i suppose if i said "take the card out of the spokes" to bring some levity i'd get ANOTHER pm calling me a jerk.....
NOPE... I laughed...
Unread 07-10-2011, 04:29 PM   #25
bajafanatic
2007 JK Wrangler 

UPDATE... Tomorrow morning at 6:30 am, the dealer will begin digging into things to see what is really wrong... the valve covers come off first and see what they find....
They tell me that I should hear from them before 10:00 am with the diagnosis...
STAY TUNED!
Unread 07-10-2011, 05:38 PM   #26
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

This is pretty crazy. It shows the difficulty of dealing with third party warranty companies, for sure. At least you're getting it taken care of slowly but surely!
Unread 07-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #27
bajafanatic
2007 JK Wrangler 

LATEST UPDATE....
Spoke to the dealer this morning... BAD ROD BEARINGS.... now just waiting to see what Chrysler will do to help...

More Tomorrow...
Unread 07-15-2011, 09:04 AM   #28
bajafanatic
2007 JK Wrangler 

UPDATE.... Chrysler will not do anything to help.... but the local dealership is stepping up a little...
It seems a short block or a long block are the best options... now i need to pick...
Unread 07-15-2011, 09:56 AM   #29
pizzle
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajafanatic View Post
UPDATE.... Chrysler will not do anything to help.... but the local dealership is stepping up a little...
It seems a short block or a long block are the best options... now i need to pick...
Just saw this thread today. Sorry to hear about the issue. When you say that "Chrysler will not do anything to help...." I'm assuming you are covered by the third-party warranty for this?

How many miles have you owned it? What type of oil were you running? I just bought an '08 JKU Rubi with 27K miles on it and I'm wondering what (if anything) I need/should do to help prevent this.

Again, sorry about the issue. Hope you get it taken care of fairly.
pizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2011, 08:26 PM   #30
bajafanatic
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzle View Post
Just saw this thread today. Sorry to hear about the issue. When you say that "Chrysler will not do anything to help...." I'm assuming you are covered by the third-party warranty for this?

How many miles have you owned it? What type of oil were you running? I just bought an '08 JKU Rubi with 27K miles on it and I'm wondering what (if anything) I need/should do to help prevent this.

Again, sorry about the issue. Hope you get it taken care of fairly.
I purchased my JK a little over a year now and I have put less then 9000 miles on it... Oil has been changed every 3000 miles...
I am sure you have nothing to worry about... this seems to be a weird issue of tolerance from the factory...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.