Thumbs-up on Magnitude Engineering door hinge bushings - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Thumbs-up on Magnitude Engineering door hinge bushings

Metalcloak's Black Friday & Small Business Saturday SaNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Closed Thread
Unread 11-26-2011, 10:23 PM   #31
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

ive heard of a few people having to cut some length off the tj bushings, but its better to make them long for most jeps and have a few trim the bushing to fit in the odd ball wranglers.

Want to STOP?

Edited
lumpster is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #32
mecheng10
Vendor

March Door Hinge Bushing Sale

As appreciation for the faithful customers at Jeep Forum, during the month of March Magnitude Engineering is offering its premium line of door hinge bushings at a huge discount. Stock up early this season before this tremendous offer ends.

CJ/YJ/TJ/LJ 2-door sets for $20 - use coupon code 8phcyt
JK 2-door sets for $25 - use coupon code f9zqzs
JK 4-door sets for $50 - use coupon code y576y3

Check them out at:

http://www.magnitude-engineering.com...tegory&path=59
Unread 03-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #33
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Delrin™ is a fantastic material. I made some for my 4dr JK, and love them. The doors swing easily, and are extremely easy to remove.

I didn't see the sale price on the web site linked in the above post. If they are still on sale, it would be a good buy.
ronjenx is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #34
mecheng10
Vendor

Jeep Wrangler Door Hinge Bushing Discount Coupon

The discounted difference is applied at checkout when the coupon code is entered. A customer account needs to be created to use the coupon. This can be done on the Magnitude Engineering website. Please e-mail info@magnitude-engineering.com if you have any questions.
Unread 03-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #35
mecheng10
Vendor

Magnitude Engineering Discount Coupon Usage

Please note that the Magnitude Engieering door hinge bushing coupon codes must be entered during checkout to qualify for the discounted price. If you have any difficulty activating the code, please e-mail info@magnitude-engineering.com prior to completing your purchase.

Thanks,
-Brian

http://www.magnitude-engineering.com/shop/
Unread 03-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #36
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Free shipping?

Want to STOP?

Edited
Unread 03-04-2012, 05:25 AM   #37
str8fan

free shipping?
Unread 03-04-2012, 08:50 AM   #38
thunderball

Remember guys....with delrin you never want to oil or grese them. They will swell and ultimately the petroleum breaks down the delrin. Black is a bit more impervious than the white but if you use a teflon based lubricant it is good for both. It can be a teflon oil or paste, my favorite is a product called tef-gel. I use this in the marine industry extensively and there is never any corrosion or electrolysis between dissimilar metals. Every car I've built I put it on a ball joint when its pressed in, lug nuts...anything that can rust or freeze or things you can't put a drop of blue loctite on.
thunderball is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2012, 06:14 PM   #39
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderball View Post
Remember guys....with delrin you never want to oil or grese them. They will swell and ultimately the petroleum breaks down the delrin. Black is a bit more impervious than the white but if you use a teflon based lubricant it is good for both. It can be a teflon oil or paste, my favorite is a product called tef-gel. I use this in the marine industry extensively and there is never any corrosion or electrolysis between dissimilar metals. Every car I've built I put it on a ball joint when its pressed in, lug nuts...anything that can rust or freeze or things you can't put a drop of blue loctite on.
I would like to know your source of information since ive never heard you cant use a petroleum base lube on delrin.

I have been working with plastics for 13 years, machining, injecting, extruding, etc. and we have never had a problem using grease or oil on a delrin component, not that delrin typically needs oil or grease, but sometimes the hinge pins on jeeps get fairly rough and the oil or grease keeps them from rusting.

Want to STOP?

Edited
Unread 03-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #40
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpster View Post
I would like to know your source of information since ive never heard you cant use a petroleum base lube on delrin.

I have been working with plastics for 13 years, machining, injecting, extruding, etc. and we have never had a problem using grease or oil on a delrin component, not that delrin typically needs oil or grease, but sometimes the hinge pins on jeeps get fairly rough and the oil or grease keeps them from rusting.
I used silicone grease on the pins to, hopefully, help combat that.
Also put some on the outside of the Delrin bushing to help protect the hinge block on the body.

Here is a link to a chart showing Delrin's resistance to various chemicals.
I can't vouch for its accuracy, though.

http://www.omsdive.com/delrin_chem_chart.html
ronjenx is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #41
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

That's one I found, it shows good resistance to mineral oil

Want to STOP?

Edited
Unread 03-29-2012, 10:07 AM   #42
Dave99GT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Discount code not working for me, please give a fellow Badger a hand, thanks!
Dave99GT is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #43
Dave99GT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Brian at Magnitude Engineering helped me out and I got the bushings in the mail the other day. Very high quality, happy to buy these from the original source!
Dave99GT is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #44
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave99GT View Post
Brian at Magnitude Engineering helped me out and I got the bushings in the mail the other day. Very high quality, happy to buy these from the original source!
I never considered people would want to buy the original, if you bought black bushings you didn't get the originals

I'm glad your happy with your purchase

Ryan

Want to STOP?

Edited
Unread 04-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #45
mecheng10
Vendor

Thanks from Magnitude Engineering

Thank you to everyone who has purchased Magnitude Engineering door hinge bushings recently. We appreciate the excellent feedback feedback we have been receiving on our products and service. In response to customer feedback, we now have a tool available to help with the removal of your old bushings.

http://www.magnitude-engineering.com/shop/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.