Throw out bearing failure, knocking - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Throw out bearing failure, knocking

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-18-2010, 09:24 PM   #16
Avian
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAntigoon View Post
Good luck and please let us know how it went...etc... very good thread...
I'll be sure to take lots of pics when I finally do it.

Uniden Bearcat CB/PA
Mopar bumper
Moabs/ BFG KM's
Avian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2010, 11:01 PM   #17
dirtyjpwrangler
2008 JK Wrangler 

OP check out my old thread here too, there's a lot of good information in it.
Unread 04-18-2010, 11:19 PM   #18
Avian
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyjpwrangler View Post
OP check out my old thread here too, there's a lot of good information in it.
Yeah, I read that cover to cover before I made this thread. Thanks though!
Uniden Bearcat CB/PA
Mopar bumper
Moabs/ BFG KM's
Avian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2010, 10:54 AM   #19
rufrdr

My clutch was replaced under the TB authorization. Now, 10,000 miles later the TOB is tapping after the vehicle has been driven for a period of time and the clutch used a lot (like off roading). On short trips it doesn't do it. What's up with that? Also on my last off road trip I noticed a distinct burring sound coming from the underside of the vehicle between about 3-10 mph indicated. The noise would stop before the Jeep came to a stop and would disappear over 10 mph. It also went away if the Jeep rolled with the clutch depressed. Any ideas?
rufrdr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2010, 11:46 AM   #20
plac
2012 JK Wrangler 

my clutch pedal throw can squeak a tiny bit where i can just barely hear it. im at 19,000 miles, and i wouldnt even think about worrying about it until something breaks bad. wish i could just lube up a pivot point and get rid of a squeak. maybe the slave cylinder/rod pivot point, or some lube at the pedal assembly somewhere, but i doubt its that easy..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.