Throttle Body spacer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Throttle Body spacer

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Artec JK Under Armor Bellypan

Unread 06-15-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
whillysfreak
2007 JK Wrangler 

Throttle Body spacer

Picked up a PowerAid Throttle Body spacer for my JK had one on my YJ and it was great and now Got it on the JK and can Totally Feel at tell a difference on hwy with the pickup.

AIRAID 310-616 - PowerAid® Throttle Body Spacer for 07-10 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK with 3.8L V6 Engine - Quadratec

Sorry for spelling problem fixed. Also like to say it shift better than it did before it's smoother

Last edited by whillysfreak; 06-15-2010 at 05:01 PM..
whillysfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2010, 03:49 PM   #2
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

A lot of people say these are not worth it... But I have spent a lot more on a lot less and Im guessing that the people that doubt it are probably without it so Im going to go with your opinion Thanks for the recommendation!
MilitaryJK4455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #3
RickyRedJK
2010 JK Wrangler 

I read that as he couldn't tell a difference? Maybe I read his post wrong...

I was looking at this spacer too...but would love to see some more information/reviews/etc...

Ricky
RickyRedJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2010, 04:14 PM   #4
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Yeah... Your right... It says he "can't" totally feel a difference... I read it as can.. Guess I read too fast... i retract my previous statement...
Unread 06-15-2010, 04:44 PM   #5
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I would like to see two things regarding throttle body spacers on the JK 3.8:

1. An explanation as to how it promotes mixing of fuel and air, when the fuel isn't injected until just before the intake valve. By then, any turbulence imparted to the air by the throttle body will be dissipated as the air travels the length of the stock intake.

2. A real dyno readout from an average JK owner who installed one, where it is the only mod since a previous dyno.
ronjenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2010, 04:51 PM   #6
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjenx View Post
I would like to see two things regarding throttle body spacers on the JK 3.8:

1. An explanation as to how it promotes mixing of fuel and air, when the fuel isn't injected until just before the intake valve. By then, any turbulence imparted to the air by the throttle body will be dissipated as the air travels the length of the stock intake.

2. A real dyno readout from an average JK owner who installed one, where it is the only mod since a previous dyno.
^this^ i mean people get so caught up with snake oil they will believe anything. i want to see scientific data showing the gains from nothing more than a piece of metal
Unread 06-15-2010, 05:03 PM   #7
whillysfreak
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Militaryman4455 View Post
Yeah... Your right... It says he "can't" totally feel a difference... I read it as can.. Guess I read too fast... i retract my previous statement...
Sorry for bad spelling. Yeah check into them you might like It I do and I did do research before i picked it up for the Jk
Unread 06-15-2010, 05:06 PM   #8
whillysfreak
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005X View Post
^this^ i mean people get so caught up with snake oil they will believe anything. i want to see scientific data showing the gains from nothing more than a piece of metal
A throttle body spacer creates a larger area around the throttle body. This gives the throttle body a larger capacity for air intake, when the accelerator is pressed. When the throttle body valve opens, the throttle body spacer allows a greater amount of air to pass through the valve, increasing the power available to the car. This also improves the car's energy efficiency, due to the fact that the air is readily available, so the car does not need to expend effort to bring it to the throttle plate.
Unread 06-15-2010, 05:07 PM   #9
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

you must like CAI's also
Unread 06-15-2010, 05:11 PM   #10
tkob1060
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005X View Post
you must like CAI's also

I know someone who has one that he uses as a paper weight now.
tkob1060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2010, 05:14 PM   #11
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

i could see the TB working on a carb. equiped vehicle, as stated in post #5 by the time the air and fuel mix any benefits from the TB are long gone.
Unread 06-15-2010, 05:17 PM   #12
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whillysfreak View Post
A throttle body spacer creates a larger area around the throttle body. This gives the throttle body a larger capacity for air intake, when the accelerator is pressed. When the throttle body valve opens, the throttle body spacer allows a greater amount of air to pass through the valve, increasing the power available to the car. This also improves the car's energy efficiency, due to the fact that the air is readily available, so the car does not need to expend effort to bring it to the throttle plate.
I hope you are not saying it increases the throttle body diameter. It would take a bigger throttle body to do that.
I am having trouble picturing what you mean (by the highlighted words).
Unread 06-15-2010, 05:43 PM   #13
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Well in that case I will re-enstate my first statement. ... If he likes it, and has it, and it works... Then how can ya'll say it doesnt...
Unread 06-15-2010, 05:47 PM   #14
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Militaryman4455 View Post
Well in that case I will re-enstate my first statement. ... If he likes it, and has it, and it works... Then how can ya'll say it doesnt...
Don't say "ya'll". I haven't said they don't work, ...yet.
I'm looking for some facts with an open mind.

And there is a lot of sense in your second phrase.
Unread 06-15-2010, 05:49 PM   #15
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjenx View Post
Don't say "ya'll". I haven't said they don't work, ...yet.
I'm looking for some facts with an open mind.
Then my post does not refer to you

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.