Thoughts on this JK Purchase deal? ( 2013 JKU ) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Thoughts on this JK Purchase deal? ( 2013 JKU )

The Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 06-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #1
ayapejian
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thoughts on this JK Purchase deal? ( 2013 JKU )

Hey All... I've been a long time lurker / (very) ocassional poster in the WJ forums, mostly because I didn't have much drive to mod my WJ. I'm now trolling dealerships for a 2013 JKU Sport S. I'm pretty set on the Dune color, would have loved Crush but its a near tie and Crush is impossible to find.

Anyways, my best price to configuration I found is $32054, originally they wanted the sticker's $33,455, the "sticker" configuration is here: 2013 Dune JKU Sticker

I know I wanted the Max Tow package, mostly for the 3.73's, connectivity group and power convenience group... Don't really need the anti spin diff or Alpine premium sound but given the limited number of Dunes with the configuration I want I'll take them too.

So any thoughts on the price? Should I keep searching for a better deal? Any options I'm going to miss? Could really use any info you guys have, would love to be in a new jeep by next weekend, but will wait if you guys say I can get a better deal.

ayapejian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
buns79
2013 JK Wrangler 

If your looking to get a slightly better deal try joining tread lightly, I believe it was the 100.00 membership that get you into the program that basically makes the dealer sell you any Chrysler product for 1% under invoice. This is what we did when we bought our jku but I would amagine with a little shopping around you could find a dealer willing to sell to you for that price anyway, good luck and check it out it might save you some coin...
2013 jku. Manual trans, 2.5in teraflex lift with 1in spacers,35in duratracs, soft top, ace rear bumper, poison Spyder front bumper, smittybuilt winch, 4:88s with eaton elockers front and rear. Spod, rigid LEDs, rugged ridge snorkel and the list goes on and on... 0lllllll0
buns79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #3
ayapejian
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buns79 View Post
If your looking to get a slightly better deal try joining tread lightly, I believe it was the 100.00 membership that get you into the program that basically makes the dealer sell you any Chrysler product for 1% under invoice. This is what we did when we bought our jku but I would amagine with a little shopping around you could find a dealer willing to sell to you for that price anyway, good luck and check it out it might save you some coin...
This was the type of stuff I was exactly looking for... Thanks, I'll certainly check it out. So do you know if the "invoice" you'r talking about above is the sticker price I linked to? Or some other price I don't have access to? If its the sticker price I seem to already be below that, but its still great info none the less if so.
ayapejian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #4
buns79
2013 JK Wrangler 

No the invoice price is always lower than the sticker price, in our case the dealer showed us a copy of the dealer invoice when we presented him with the tread lightly deal and then figured the deal 1% below that.
2013 jku. Manual trans, 2.5in teraflex lift with 1in spacers,35in duratracs, soft top, ace rear bumper, poison Spyder front bumper, smittybuilt winch, 4:88s with eaton elockers front and rear. Spod, rigid LEDs, rugged ridge snorkel and the list goes on and on... 0lllllll0
buns79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2013, 09:19 PM   #5
aznjeep

2013 JK Wrangler 

You can also visit edmunds.com to look up invoice pricing.. build the Jeep, and it will list MSRP next to Invoice.
'99 TJ "L'il Pepper" (sold)
aznjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 11:11 PM   #6
SkipperTW
2013 JK Wrangler 

I picked up the 13 Sahara in Billet (loaded) back in January with Chrysler employee plan for around 37K - Sticker was 42,700 - Not having employee discount it probably would have come to about 38,500 -

That being said, JK's are moving off the lots faster than they can order em - they have no incentive to deal with you much as the guy behind you will give em what they want...
SkipperTW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 11:41 PM   #7
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

if you weren't so dead set on the dune color, you could wait a month or month and half, and get a much better deal as the 14s start rolling in.
pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 06:39 AM   #8
fitzz47
2013 JK Wrangler 

That's a nice jeep,anti spin is a good option.
Unread 07-02-2013, 06:56 AM   #9
sparsons79
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I bought ordered a 2014 JKUR with hard top, auto, remote start, connectivity group and 4.10 axles shipped to my for $35K inclueding taxes title. Ended up buying the 2013 premium soft top, aftermarket hitch, door sill guards, hardtop hoist off of Ebay for about $1k. So, I will ahve $36K in a pretty loaded (missin leather and nav, but really did not want those) 2014 Unlimited Rubicon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayapejian View Post
Hey All... I've been a long time lurker / (very) ocassional poster in the WJ forums, mostly because I didn't have much drive to mod my WJ. I'm now trolling dealerships for a 2013 JKU Sport S. I'm pretty set on the Dune color, would have loved Crush but its a near tie and Crush is impossible to find.

Anyways, my best price to configuration I found is $32054, originally they wanted the sticker's $33,455, the "sticker" configuration is here: 2013 Dune JKU Sticker

I know I wanted the Max Tow package, mostly for the 3.73's, connectivity group and power convenience group... Don't really need the anti spin diff or Alpine premium sound but given the limited number of Dunes with the configuration I want I'll take them too.

So any thoughts on the price? Should I keep searching for a better deal? Any options I'm going to miss? Could really use any info you guys have, would love to be in a new jeep by next weekend, but will wait if you guys say I can get a better deal.
Sold...92 YJ...3" skyjacker lift, 33 BFG and chromed out hinges :puzzled:
Sold...94 ZJ Limited...Kolak exhaust, Mopar ECU, BFG AT
sparsons79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 08:11 AM   #10
jchappy
2011 JK Wrangler 

Either prices went up or that doesn't sound right.
IN 2011 i bought my JKUR loaded (sticker was 40K+) for 32500. OTD i was under 36K
MY NEW JEEP- 2011 JEEP JKUR, Body Armor front bumper, Warn XD9000I winch, Synthetic winch line,XRC Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier, OBA W/1Gal Tank, Terafex 2.5in spring lift, Bilstein 5100 shocks,GY 315/70R17 Duratracs, 4.88 G2 gears, Cobra 75 CB

MY OLD JEEP-1999 Wrangler Sport 4.0L, 4" Pro Comp Lift, 33" BFG's, 8K winch, SYE, Viking soft top, onboard CO2 and all the recovery straps and equipment
jchappy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 08:51 AM   #11
sparsons79
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Prices go up each year. My 2014 is right above $40K and I'm out the door shipped to my house (from Ga to NC) for $35K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchappy View Post
Either prices went up or that doesn't sound right.
IN 2011 i bought my JKUR loaded (sticker was 40K+) for 32500. OTD i was under 36K
Unread 07-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #12
boon4376
2013 JK Wrangler 

My dealer was unwilling to budge at all on the sticker price - They have trouble keeping Wranglers in stock here in Maine - A used 2010 - 2011 one with 30k miles on it can be had for only 4-5k less than what I paid sticker on my 2013

However, I got him to come up a few grand on the trade in to well above blue book, and I got him to lower my APR way down from 3.9 to 1.9 for 72 months. So the sticker didn't move, but everything else did.

They also had some incentive to move because it was the last day in their dealer quota and selling another jeep that day would move them into a new bonus bracket level or something.

There are also way more tech options and features on the new ones - plus a much nicer engine - so that might also contribute to the year over year price increases.
boon4376 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #13
BRICKTOP2
Unhingd PigFeedng Gangstr

2008 JK Wrangler 

Don't take them too seriously

There are always people who will tell you they got $8000 off a Wrangler's factory MSRP. They're never accurate, although sometimes they truly believe what they're saying. Don't get too caught up in what you hear on the forums.
There are a few dealerships out there who will go a grand under the factory invoice, maybe even $1500 in this neck of the woods, and I can't imagine different part of the country are too far off on a vehicle that is not incentivized regionally. (Some areas have different rebates on different vehicles with Chrysler, but the Wrangler virtually never has rebates anyways.)
Invoice is not a bad deal. Below invoice is better, but finding a dealer who will go much below invoice is tough. As someone said above, the demand typically outweighs supply. Hard to get a dealer to lose money on something they can't replace as freely as they would like.

JK Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/3...-build-545214/
TJ Tub Trailerhttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f104/...tj-tub-568873/
BRICKTOP2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #14
sparsons79
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The dealership is still making money on me. I custom ordered a 2013 JKUR on May 14th. MSRP was almost $39K, we negositated to $33.9K plus taxes, lices which comes to a little over $35K ship to my door. The dealer said eveything was a go and I would receive an email shortly. Never received an email, but the sales manager said the order went through on their end. So, the very beginning of June I called him and said that I heard 2014 pre-orders start on June 11th. We got off the phone made a call and then called me back and said my order was cancelled. He said since he strung me along that he would honor the agreed on 2013 price for the same 2014 no matter what the cost increase was going to be.

I have no trade in and was paying cash for the Jeep. However, in negotiating I agreed to finance it the Jeep through them so they can get the kickback, then I will pay it off. They are still making money on me.

Just an FYI...I negotiated the Jeep all the way down tnd then threw out there that I was a tread lightly member and they took off another 1%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKTOP2 View Post
There are always people who will tell you they got $8000 off a Wrangler's factory MSRP. They're never accurate, although sometimes they truly believe what they're saying. Don't get too caught up in what you hear on the forums.
There are a few dealerships out there who will go a grand under the factory invoice, maybe even $1500 in this neck of the woods, and I can't imagine different part of the country are too far off on a vehicle that is not incentivized regionally. (Some areas have different rebates on different vehicles with Chrysler, but the Wrangler virtually never has rebates anyways.)
Invoice is not a bad deal. Below invoice is better, but finding a dealer who will go much below invoice is tough. As someone said above, the demand typically outweighs supply. Hard to get a dealer to lose money on something they can't replace as freely as they would like.
Unread 07-02-2013, 03:13 PM   #15
BRICKTOP2
Unhingd PigFeedng Gangstr

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparsons79 View Post
The dealership is still making money on me. I custom ordered a 2013 JKUR on May 14th. MSRP was almost $39K, we negositated to $33.9K plus taxes, lices which comes to a little over $35K ship to my door. The dealer said eveything was a go and I would receive an email shortly. Never received an email, but the sales manager said the order went through on their end. So, the very beginning of June I called him and said that I heard 2014 pre-orders start on June 11th. We got off the phone made a call and then called me back and said my order was cancelled. He said since he strung me along that he would honor the agreed on 2013 price for the same 2014 no matter what the cost increase was going to be.

I have no trade in and was paying cash for the Jeep. However, in negotiating I agreed to finance it the Jeep through them so they can get the kickback, then I will pay it off. They are still making money on me.

Just an FYI...I negotiated the Jeep all the way down tnd then threw out there that I was a tread lightly member and they took off another 1%.
Solid deal, man. Congrats!

JK Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/3...-build-545214/
TJ Tub Trailerhttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f104/...tj-tub-568873/
BRICKTOP2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.