Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Thinking bout trading the XJ in for a JK

858 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jeepers3 
#1 ·
So i have a 2001 XJ (Cherokee) with 80,000 miles, 4x4, black, like mint condition. edmunds blue book says i can get 8100 for it. and the price quote i got for a 2007 2-door JK w/ a rear locker, manual, black soft top, was 18,945. so basically id be paying 10 g's in 5 years at 5.5%APR or so. So i was wondering on what you think about this? Does this sound like a good plan? Am i missing something? Keep in mind im 18, and a male with an accident on his record, would insurance cover me? I know i can call and find out but was jw if someone knew. Also i know it doesnt help with trade in but my XJ is heavily modified id say, specs in the signature. thanks for the help, and sorry for the post being ginormous.

#2 ·
If cash is a problem, I'd stick with the XJ if it's already paid off, the JK is a first model year vehicle, we have no idea what kind of issues are going to show up as they start to get some serious miles on them.

#3 ·
Depending on the dealership they more than likely wont give you the bluebook value on the trade in for a modifyed XJ. The dealership that I dealt with certinly didn't so I ended up selling mine independantly. And I would suggest you do the same. Either way I doubt you'll be able to get 8k for the XJ with all the mods on it, but its worth a shot. As for the price that you got quoted for the JK with a rear locker at 18k are you talking about the X model option that has the rear locker at no addtional cost. If so understand that I dont beleve that Jeep is actually offering that, its just a goof up on their website. Also being that your 18...do you have alot of credit? A rate of 5.5% would say that you have a decent credit score. I know that when I was 18 I didnt have any credit at all. Just something to think about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.