thinking about trading liberty for wrangler - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > thinking about trading liberty for wrangler

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 12-02-2010, 02:55 PM   #61
thedirtman

2007 JK Wrangler 

Using my numbers if you would pay $709.31 more in interest on a 72 month loan vs a 60 month loan without any extra payments.

If you have more exact numbers later I would be glad to help you with it.

Also if you get a loan make sure you can pay it off early without penalty. Some dealers will lock you in to the full loan interest even if you pay it off early.

Unread 12-02-2010, 03:09 PM   #62
rasbutan
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
Also if you get a loan make sure you can pay it off early without penalty. Some dealers will lock you in to the full loan interest even if you pay it off early.
I can't second this enough.

DAMHIK
rasbutan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 03:41 PM   #63
JFD140
2011 JK Wrangler 

So my sales guy found the same car without side air bags and with just the freedom top.

Brought sticker down to 28,000.
JFD140 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 03:44 PM   #64
thedirtman

2007 JK Wrangler 

Sounds like you are getting closer to becoming a JK owner.
Unread 12-02-2010, 04:23 PM   #65
JFD140
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
Sounds like you are getting closer to becoming a JK owner.
The issue is I kind of want the soft top... and side air bags never hurt to have.

The soft top is nice if u have the top off and a rain shower should occur.
Unread 12-02-2010, 04:55 PM   #66
thedirtman

2007 JK Wrangler 

If that is what u want then get it. My experience is that most people use one or the other and if you are trying to save some money pick one or the other. If cost is no object I would recommend getting only the soft top and go to wildboar.com to get your hard top. They make some sweet tops. I really like the slant back model for the unlimited, I have the hard top on my 2 door, which comes off (along with the doors)in the spring and doesn't go back on till the snow flies,and have a bikini top in the rear hatch in case of a rain storm. My wife has the unlimited and she keeps the hard top on and just removes the front panels. She is too paranoid that some might take some of the crap she keeps in the car to take the top off unattended.

I had the dual tops on my tj and it was such a pain in the butt to put the thing on that I stopped using it. If you have help you can remove the hard top faster than the soft top.
Unread 12-02-2010, 05:37 PM   #67
JFD140
2011 JK Wrangler 

My next question is am I better off paying 2500 out of pocket for the tax and writing it off or putting it into the loan and pay it off?
Unread 12-02-2010, 07:02 PM   #68
paul84043
2012 JK Wrangler 

You can write the tax off either way. 2500$ would save you about 40$ on each pmt.
Keep doing what you're doing......walking out.
Tell the salesman, "if you get it down to xxxxx$ it's a done deal" but really rake him over the coals, set a goal that you know he probably can't hit and go up to what you really expected.
Don't let them throw in options that you're not going to use, or that you're going to replace anyway, like tires and wheels.
Airbags are very nice. We have the soft top only and I'm going to pick up the Wild Boar Slant Back hart top, it's bad ***!!

Hang in there, you're doing great.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 07:33 PM   #69
JFD140
2011 JK Wrangler 

Pretty sure the tax is less... he did the tax math on the sticker price and did not account for my trade in so that should save me half the tax. That's another $20 a month.

How much does one of those wildboar backs go for shipped?
Unread 12-02-2010, 08:09 PM   #70
thedirtman

2007 JK Wrangler 

How do you "right off" the tax? Sales tax is not deductible. I did the math on the difference not the sticker and used 8% as I do not know what your sales tax rate is there.
Unread 12-02-2010, 09:21 PM   #71
JFD140
2011 JK Wrangler 

Gonna go to some other dealers tomorrow see what thy would do on price.
Unread 12-02-2010, 10:24 PM   #72
JFD140
2011 JK Wrangler 

By the way how is resale on a unlimited sport? Not that I would ever do such a thing but can't hurt to know.
Unread 12-02-2010, 10:27 PM   #73
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFD140 View Post
By the way how is resale on a unlimited sport? Not that I would ever do such a thing but can't hurt to know.
The 4-Door's sell like hot-cakes.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2010, 12:51 AM   #74
JFD140
2011 JK Wrangler 

Ok, so i am now torn between two things.

The first jeep is the original one for $31,000 sticker and it has the tires/dual top/side air bags.

The thing i just realized is, i hate the look of the sunrider soft top... I love the look of a fastback bikini top.

So i am basically wasting money, and having a waste of space fold up rails/top in the back of the car if i get the dual top for $1600 i think?

My next option is what the salesman said is the same car, excluding the dual top and the side air bags...

i want the air bags, but without the dual top and bags i am looking at like $28,000 somethingish sticker. He said it should still include 17" rims and 255 tires.

Am i better off just ditching the airbags and getting a bikini fastback when i feel like it to keep in the trunk.

Will not having the dual top effect the value of the vehicle much in the future? I also heard its a royal pain in the *** to put the sunrider top up.
Unread 12-03-2010, 01:09 AM   #75
Ben_88Jeep
2010 JK Wrangler 

HI,

To answer your questions:

1. No Jeep should come equipped with fewer airbags. Get them all.

2. The soft top. They are nice to have. In 2010, Jeep changed the soft top's to be less prone to leakage and easier to fold up. So if the Jeep you buy was made this year you are in business.

3. Upgrade to the Performance Suspension package. This gives you the same Coil/Shock combination as the Rubicon model.

If it helps, I recently payed $30,000 for a new 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport.

I kept the build sheet. PM me if you want to see it.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFD140 View Post
Ok, so i am now torn between two things.

The first jeep is the original one for $31,000 sticker and it has the tires/dual top/side air bags.

The thing i just realized is, i hate the look of the sunrider soft top... I love the look of a fastback bikini top.

So i am basically wasting money, and having a waste of space fold up rails/top in the back of the car if i get the dual top for $1600 i think?

My next option is what the salesman said is the same car, excluding the dual top and the side air bags...

i want the air bags, but without the dual top and bags i am looking at like $28,000 somethingish sticker. He said it should still include 17" rims and 255 tires.

Am i better off just ditching the airbags and getting a bikini fastback when i feel like it to keep in the trunk.

Will not having the dual top effect the value of the vehicle much in the future? I also heard its a royal pain in the *** to put the sunrider top up.
Ben_88Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.