thinking about trading liberty for wrangler - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > thinking about trading liberty for wrangler

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 12-01-2010, 08:18 PM   #16
JFD140
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
Join Tread Lightly at Tread Lightly - Home for $25 and you can get a new Wrangler for 1% under invoice.

If I sign up where can I purchase the jeep...

JFD140 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2010, 08:18 PM   #17
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFD140 View Post
Is the new engine in the 2012s gonna be a huge difference?
Yes. It's in the Grand Cherokee now. I'd say go the dealership and drive them both.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #18
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
If I sign up where can I purchase the jeep...
You were just a few clicks away:

Tread Lightly - Tread Lightly! Discount on Jeep, Dodge, Ram, Chrysler Vehicles

Last edited by Charles; 12-01-2010 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: Removed Sarcasm
Unread 12-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #19
CHIPMAKER
2010 JK Wrangler 

Did you say you were looking at a 10 or 11? Either way, if the sticker is $30k, I wouldn't pay more that $27k. Mopar puts the invoice very close to the sticker so you should be able to beat 1% under by a mile. And yes, I think the new engine will be a big deal, but I wouldn't buy the first year model.
2013 Honda F6B
CHIPMAKER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #20
JFD140
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbloyer81 View Post
I clicked that but where can I physically purchase the vehicle
Unread 12-01-2010, 08:54 PM   #21
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Take your Control Number, along with the letter you received in your membership package to any U.S. Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge dealership. You MUST have your Tread Lightly! membership letter in order to receive the discount. If you have lost your letter, please email treadlightly@treadlightly.org. to request a replacement.
Unread 12-01-2010, 08:58 PM   #22
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Talking a deal is going to get you much more money off than 1%. You have to talk with them and see what you can pay (REASONABLY) and then you can start doing this tread lightly! stuff

The tread lightly! makes morons think they are getting a great deal off the MSRP but really haggling does a much better job.

1998 TJ Sahara Sold
-3.25" RC spring lift, Eagle alloys 125s, 33x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, XRC8 winch with stock bumper mount

1994 YJ SE Sold
-4" RC spring lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone M/Ts, Eagle alloys 125, and a 4 cylinder to boot

1960 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Omaha Orange

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
442Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2010, 09:04 PM   #23
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442Wrangler View Post
Talking a deal is going to get you much more money off than 1%. You have to talk with them and see what you can pay (REASONABLY) and then you can start doing this tread lightly! stuff

The tread lightly! makes morons think they are getting a great deal off the MSRP but really haggling does a much better job.
Even 1% Below factory invoice?
Unread 12-01-2010, 09:08 PM   #24
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

I suppose it depends on what you want or need.

I've seen both a stock liberty and a modded one on the trail (they left before I broke my axle), but they are a damn capable off road rig. I was impressed.

As for buying advice, don't have any. I tend to not use all of my brain cells when I see something with a fresh smelling interior and shiny paint (not so shiny anymore).
McKBrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2010, 09:11 PM   #25
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKBrew View Post
I suppose it depends on what you want or need.

I've seen both a stock liberty and a modded one on the trail (they left before I broke my axle), but they are a damn capable off road rig. I was impressed.
I agree, except, I've seen rigs, including Liberty's go many places where they shouldn't. They'll go, but it's more difficult and involves less finesse. Just because it will go, doesn't mean it will be enjoyable or in one piece when it's over.
Unread 12-01-2010, 09:23 PM   #26
JFD140
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbloyer81 View Post
I agree, except, I've seen rigs, including Liberty's go many places where they shouldn't. They'll go, but it's more difficult and involves less finesse. Just because it will go, doesn't mean it will be enjoyable or in one piece when it's over.
Problem is that the liberty can only do that, after $2-5000 out of pocket.

The thing is, i got my liberty so cheap that the trade in value makes it so worth while for my to just get rid of it for a wrangler.

Why invest 2-3000 in making the liberty off road capable, when i can buy a vehicle i will be happier with and is already off road capable, without voiding the warrant.

Anyway, kelly blue book puts invoice at $28,656 and edmunds says 27,906 excluding destination charge so they are about the same.

With those numbers, what should i be looking to pay?

1% below invoice without having to go back and fourth with the guy seems pretty solid no? Considerimg im hovering over 30,000 right now.

If i can get to $27,000 then my monthly payment is significantly closer to what i pay for my liberty, with the exception of another 12 months which i will probably not even end up utilizing.
Unread 12-01-2010, 09:35 PM   #27
mikeinminn
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Man, that had me laughing. I used to live in the Colo. Rockies and would occasionally go off-roading on some moderate trails. I'd be patting myself on the back after a half dozen obstacles until I'd meet some guy with his Subaru or worse yet Toyota Corolla on the same friggin trail. He may be leaving an oil slick but he's still going.
mikeinminn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2010, 09:41 PM   #28
mikeinminn
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
If i can get to $27,000 then my monthly payment is significantly closer to what i pay for my liberty
A few years ago when nothing was selling, I was looking at a Jeep similar to what you are looking at but without both tops (it was a hardtop). They said $26,000 or so if memory serves. So you should be near the ballpark. $30,000 sounds really high to me.
mikeinminn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2010, 09:45 PM   #29
JFD140
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinminn View Post
A few years ago when nothing was selling, I was looking at a Jeep similar to what you are looking at but without both tops (it was a hardtop). They said $26,000 or so if memory serves. So you should be near the ballpark. $30,000 sounds really high to me.
again, that 30,000 is what they would LOVE to get from me. But they won't.

Can anyone validate this tread lightly deal? Anyone actually done it? Not gonna blow $25 for nothing...
Unread 12-01-2010, 09:47 PM   #30
Hussler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

OP, I suggest you go offroading first if youve never been.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
Hussler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.