Thinking about a JK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Thinking about a JK

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-23-2007, 04:34 PM   #1
KrasnayaZnamya

Thinking about a JK

OK, after loving my 2000 SE for years, I made the mistake of going and taking a test drive in a new JK X today...local dealer is trying to establish himself and is making good deals.

Anyone who has gone from the TJ to the JK have any thoughts on the differences?? (other than the first and obvious one, going from a 4 to a 6 cylinder is pretty significant in power I found out...)

Thanx in advance for the help!

KrasnayaZnamya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2007, 04:51 PM   #2
PullMeSideways
2010 JK Wrangler 

Well I have both.

Initial thoughts:
JK is exceptional on the street compared to my TJ. (Keep in mind my TJ is running 33' MTR's) so that would be part of the issue there.

JK comes with stronger axles assuming you don't get the base X, but you can get the 44 in the X.

For trails: I really like the smallness of my TJ on the trails in Coloardo. However, I think the JK would be a better platform to modify for an area like Moab.

While it is fairly cheap to stuff 35's on a JK. The aftermarket is quite expensive for bumpers and armor.

Those are just thoughts, I think both have their pluses.

So in the end if you are thinking about a vehicle which will be driven primarily as a DD, I would go with the JK.

If this is going to be a trail toy, I would go with the Unlimited LJ used or keep your TJ.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #11
Former Jeeps:
2002 TJ Sahara, 2007 JK Unlimited Sahara, 2004 WJ & 1986 CJ-7
PullMeSideways is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.