Thinking about the JCR Offroad Vanguard Bumper - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Thinking about the JCR Offroad Vanguard Bumper

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 07-16-2014, 09:28 AM   #1
Chase__Smith

Thinking about the JCR Offroad Vanguard Bumper

I have a 2013 Sahara, and I am looking at getting the JCR Offroad Vanguard full width front bumper. It's gonna cost a decent amount after powder coating it and having to order the skid plate separately and get that powder coated as well.

I've heard that for 2013 models, the vacuum pump has to be moved in order to install the bumper. Has anyone installed a JCR front and found a way around this? On JCR's website, they have a YouTube video and they advise cutting two pieces that are used to secure the vacuum in order to use the mounting bracket that allows you to lay the vacuum pump horizontally to proceed with installing the bumper. Here is the link[fast forward to 1:42 to see the part where they are working with the vacuum pump]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exx3e1ZuPm0

I like the bumper a lot, but having to invest what will be over $1,000 and still have to make slight modifications by making the cuts in my vehicle, I've been a little hesitant.

Also, I live in Virginia where we have to have front licenses plates. Is there an easy way to install that?

Thanks for the help, guys!

Chase__Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2014, 11:20 AM   #2
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

We do a ton of the JCR and will be able to help with this and the price!

The relocation is very easy and there is other ways around it. Laying it horizontally just helps keep it out of harms way. It comes with everything you need to do this with. You can also relocate it if you like that idea better. It is pretty easy and will not give you any trouble at the dealership that we have seen.

There is ways to mount the front tag too! Are you going to run a winch?

If there is anything we can do to help, feel free to PM, email, or call us at anytime! We are always here to help anyway we can!

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2014, 11:47 AM   #3
73azbronco
2013 JK Wrangler 

You might want to look at Poison spider mid Brawler bumper. Requires less cutting, and no relocation of the pump. Although, after installing the bralwer bumper, I wish I would have just relocated the pump to make it easier, it was a very tight fit.

No dig on the JCR, I have their rear bumper, works great.
73azbronco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2014, 12:14 PM   #4
tonkatrucksryan

2014 JK Wrangler 

I live in VA as well and I just bought a bracket for my winch that holds my license plate. I ordered the JCR Crusader rear bumper and I am waiting on its arrival. Seems like a great company... Just give Alan directly at JCR and he will help you out.

They also powder-coated the bumper for me $120.00

26 Years USAF Retired 1MAY14

Past Jeeps:
04 TJ Rub,05 TJ, 75CJ5, 88YJ
tonkatrucksryan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2014, 08:10 PM   #5
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

JCR makes some very high quality products and trimming that old bracket is a breeze I had to do it to fit my LoD bumper. Don't let that discourage you, and you will be hard pressed to find a better deal and customer service than from Jason at Krawl off road !!

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2014, 08:45 AM   #6
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

^^ Awesome! Thank you my friend! We will help everyone as much as we can! We would not be here without guys like you!

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
Unread 07-17-2014, 02:44 PM   #7
YATZI1980
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonkatrucksryan
I live in VA as well and I just bought a bracket for my winch that holds my license plate. I ordered the JCR Crusader rear bumper and I am waiting on its arrival. Seems like a great company... Just give Alan directly at JCR and he will help you out.

They also powder-coated the bumper for me $120.00

They offer powder coating now? Only problem I had with my rear jcr bumper.... The roto pax didn't fit well and rattled like crazy. The supplied spacer wasn't enough to clear the locks. Also supplied 1/4" x20 bolts which i snapped the heads off trying to get it tight enough not to rattle.I had to use stainless 5/16 bolt with 5/16 x2" fender washers to push the bracket out almost an inch and that helped the rattle. Also the plunger that holds the tailgate open didnt line up with the hole. Had to ream it out with a uni bit. Also the handle for the plunger was too close to the spindle and would not depress so that needed to be trimmed as well.

I really feel it was because my bumper was ordered around the holidays and it was a rush job. Other than that it's a tank and I love it. Great protection and great clearance for the rear tires.
YATZI1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2014, 05:36 PM   #8
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Hummm... I have never heard of any issues like that. We just installed the rear on our JK and it went on just fine. Holds our 40" well! The only rattle we get is from our Hi-Lift jack.

But yes, they now offer powder coating on all their items!

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
Unread 07-18-2014, 11:01 AM   #9
YATZI1980
2011 JK Wrangler 

The roto pax bounced around like crazy. I stripped it down drove a little than added stuff piece by piece to see what rattled. When I contacted them. They told me to search the forums because guys had come up with ways to stop the rattle.... Really ?!

For the high lift.... Throw a couple tie wraps on the base plate... quiets along of the noise from it.
Unread 07-19-2014, 01:29 PM   #10
brimy311
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Quote:
Originally Posted by YATZI1980 View Post
The roto pax bounced around like crazy. I stripped it down drove a little than added stuff piece by piece to see what rattled. When I contacted them. They told me to search the forums because guys had come up with ways to stop the rattle.... Really ?!

For the high lift.... Throw a couple tie wraps on the base plate... quiets along of the noise from it.
I'm not sure who gave you that answer on the phone, very sorry for the side stepping answer. That is not our style and have ended up replace a couple of customer service reps for doing things like this

If you are still having issues and would like it fixed, please contact Allen@JcrOffroad.com. He can also be reached at 269-353-1184x10.

We want you to be happy with your JCR product, so please reach out if you are still looking for answers.

~Brian

Like us on Facebook for up to date product updates and specials!
Follow us on Twitter!
brimy311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2014, 01:31 PM   #11
brimy311
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase__Smith View Post
I have a 2013 Sahara, and I am looking at getting the JCR Offroad Vanguard full width front bumper. It's gonna cost a decent amount after powder coating it and having to order the skid plate separately and get that powder coated as well.

I've heard that for 2013 models, the vacuum pump has to be moved in order to install the bumper. Has anyone installed a JCR front and found a way around this? On JCR's website, they have a YouTube video and they advise cutting two pieces that are used to secure the vacuum in order to use the mounting bracket that allows you to lay the vacuum pump horizontally to proceed with installing the bumper. Here is the link[fast forward to 1:42 to see the part where they are working with the vacuum pump]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exx3e1ZuPm0

I like the bumper a lot, but having to invest what will be over $1,000 and still have to make slight modifications by making the cuts in my vehicle, I've been a little hesitant.

Also, I live in Virginia where we have to have front licenses plates. Is there an easy way to install that?

Thanks for the help, guys!
Any bumper with a sunk down winch will require relocating the vacuum pump on 2012-2014 JK's. It's one of the trade offs for the design.

It's not a big deal and easy to do. We've even had customers that have told us that they only had to cut the threaded stud off the top of the factory bracket for the bumper to clear.

Give us a call or shoot us an email if you have any questions. We don't spend a lot of time browsing forums. Info@jcroffroad.com or 269-353-1184.

~Brian

Like us on Facebook for up to date product updates and specials!
Follow us on Twitter!
brimy311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2014, 01:47 PM   #12
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

I have JCR bumpers front and rear, Sliders and Skids.

I have beat them up and they hold up.
img_3707.jpg  
Unread 07-19-2014, 02:51 PM   #13
Layth
2012 JK Wrangler 

I highly recommend the Vanguard. I mostly bought that one because of all the GD deer that run around here. I am SURE this bumper will stand up to any deer and protect the front of the Jeep. The bumper and matching skid are stout.

You will likely want to add a 1" coil spacer. My front dropped exactly 1" once I installed the bumper and skid. No winch.

The pump relocation is super-easy. Unbolt the pump, wire it out of the way, wire back the loom that is near that part of the frame, hack the existing mounting ears off with a cutoff wheel, paint the cuts, bolt on the new mount, bolt on the pump. Seriously if you can change your oil you can do it. Take your time and it'll be fine.

Quality American-made piece.
img_0362.jpg

Layth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2014, 11:04 AM   #14
YATZI1980
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimy311

I'm not sure who gave you that answer on the phone, very sorry for the side stepping answer. That is not our style and have ended up replace a couple of customer service reps for doing things like this

If you are still having issues and would like it fixed, please contact Allen@JcrOffroad.com. He can also be reached at 269-353-1184x10.

We want you to be happy with your JCR product, so please reach out if you are still looking for answers.

~Brian
I've pretty much fixed all of the issues. Thanks for your response. I do love the bumper, overall quality was great welds are nice etc... Just a few minor things that needed some cutting and new hardware.
Unread 07-23-2014, 10:48 AM   #15
nathanmilsaps
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have the JCR Mauler in the front and JCR Crusader in the back. Both bumpers are awesome.
Relocating the vac pump is pretty easy, don't let that run you off.
And Jason at Krawl will help you out, for sure!
sexy-flexy-small.jpg

nathanmilsaps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bumpers , front bumper , modifications , sahara

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.