Think new tires/alignment fixed my death wobble. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Think new tires/alignment fixed my death wobble.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-11-2013, 08:05 AM   #1
CTJeepGuy
2010 JK Wrangler 

Think new tires/alignment fixed my death wobble.

Just an update...was experiencing the awful death wobble on my '10 JKU, and had no luck with a new steering stabilizer (should have looked here first, I know) and the dealership checking it out. But they did say according to the TSB, I should get new tires and an alignment —*my original Goodyears were pretty worn at 37,000+ city driving miles.

So, $800 later, I now have a new set of Firestone Destination A/Ts from Tire Rack and a new alignment — was told that the old tires were toeing in. (Tire tech also reported that everything in the suspension seemed fine and "tight.") And it's only been a couple days, but no sign of the death wobble on the highway.

So, crossed fingers, but I think this may have worked. Just figured anyone dealing with this may want to have this information.

Unread 11-11-2013, 08:42 AM   #2
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Great to hear. Just remember - death wobble is caused by one thing - "positive feedback". ANY number of parts can start it - any combo of problems can make it go from wobble (which is really common for live axle front suspension) to death wobble.
Unread 11-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #3
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

My DW cure was hiring a little bald guy in an orange robe to slaughter a live chicken and bless the Jeep. Then he mentioned something about "PlanMan", and gave me this link to a YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uQw...layer_embedded
Re-inventing the circle and straight line.
HappyTrails is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #4
jwmbishop
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTrails View Post
My DW cure was hiring a little bald guy in an orange robe to slaughter a live chicken and bless the Jeep. Then he mentioned something about "PlanMan", and gave me this link to a YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uQw...layer_embedded
Thats about what it takes once you lift AND BEAT IT UP offroad...

Was the chicken a Pilgrims Pride?
Unread 11-12-2013, 10:51 AM   #5
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmbishop View Post
Thats about what it takes once you lift AND BEAT IT UP offroad...

Was the chicken a Pilgrims Pride?
Butterball, actually.
The little man slaughtered it with a 9/16" track bar bolt.
Re-inventing the circle and straight line.
HappyTrails is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.